Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm doing some maintenance on a 00 zx6r and when I pulled the spark plugs last night the far left plug had oil on it. Is this something I should be worried about? My sister-in-law just bought the bike a couple weeks ago so we don't know a lot about the history of the bike. The bike does have a shorter kick stand on it so it leans more than normal when on the kick stand. Could this be the reason for the oil on the spark plug? Thanks for you help

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
It would not really store oil that far up the engine in my opinion even leant over a bit more than normal due to it being adjusted for a shorter person. I would clean the plugs and check after a weeks worth of riding if they are getting oiled up again if they are i would personally check the head gasket out first to see if there is a leak before doing anything more drastic.

give the clean up a try if its still doing it let us know and we will try and help further.

Russ

·
Registered
532 Posts
BTW spark plugs are cheap and once they are fouled their really not worth cleaning for bikes. 12 for a whole new set is worth it plus you will get a better idea of whats going on by using NEW plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.