Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did check the service manual that i have and they say to remove the muffler also ... if its jsut he muffler i think this might not be all that bad to do.... but if its the whole exhaust that might not be so easy.... which one is it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im not sure how it happened ... i used the right size socket and i used a torque wrench with the right setting to take off the oil drain bolt... but it happened. the oil pan is cracked where the drain bolt goes in.... i know the dealer will rape me to put a new one on... the bike only has 120 miles on it... is changing the oil pan as simple as taking out the 14 bolts and swapping the pan and gasket for a new one or is there parts connected to it and everything..... basicly is it hard and how long will it take?
also is the dealer gonna be the best place to get the oil pan?

thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did check the service manual that i have and they say to remove the muffler also ... if its jsut he muffler i think this might not be all that bad to do.... but if its the whole exhaust that might not be so easy.... which one is it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay here's an update
dealer picked up bike on a thursday
looked at it the following wensday (they were closed sun, mon)
dealer called kawasaki for warrenty claim (i went on vacation for bit)
when i got back dealer told me that kawasaki wasn't going to cover it but as a good gesture they would supply the part for free and the dealer said it would be a few hundred in labor
i then called kawasaki and 8 numbers later was able to talk to customer service
(all the time so far i had been nice and not given anyone a hard time on the subject)
the customer service lady told me that the kawasaki reps decision was that either myself or the dealer over tightened the bolt and that it wasnt covered under warrenty. I told her that i was upset to hear that because i paid cash for the bike and all my previous bikes were kawasaki then i asked to talk to her supervisor or the tech's finnaly she said okay ill check with the warrenty tech agai nand have him reevaluate and she took my name and number. 20 minutes later she called me and said none of it can be covered under warrenty butas a good gesture kawasaki will pay for everything.

so i should have my bike back in a few days and there is no tension between the dealer and i because i didnt get loud with them and the bike is being fixed for free. Personaly i think the dealer shoulda went to bat for me a litle better in the first place but that is the only complaint i have other than the fact that it will wind up being three weeks when i finnaly get my bike back.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hopefully you wrote down all the phone numbers you had to call, and the people you tlked to. If you did, feel free to post them for everyone else who needs to get results from the Kawasaki warrantee people.

BC.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sounds like you got a lucky break with all phone time.
I do have 1 question though...What were you doing near the oil pan with a bike that has 120 miles on it? Maybe you meant to write 1200.
Anyways, that's cool that they are doing that for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah well i was trying to follow some advice on the few break in debates i found with the search button.... i was gonna change oil at 100 miles and then get the 600 service done at 1000.... i was gonna break it in harder than the manufacture but stay at least 500 rpm under redline... and not travel above 6000 too often until i hit 1000.... but thats a whole other topic... basicly i couldnt find any numbers on the kawasaki website other than the number for the recalls on their one of their atv's. i knew whoever answered would be able to point me in the right direction... they gave me the customer service number. i called customer service and i beleave i talked to ruth. she asked for the vin number and looked it up. she said yes there was a claim on your bike ... blah blah blah they will as a good gesture give you the part for free so i complained that i paid cash and have only ever owned kawasakis and was really not happy about this she took my number and 15 minutes later called and said they would take care of everything. i didnt curse or raise my voice or anything like that and i think that was a major part of getting what i wanted.

i think the recall number that wont help you at all is 1-800-661-7433
i think customer service is 1-949-460-5688 and i talked to ruth but im sure anyone who answers can look up you bike's claim by vin. id say my total time on hold was under 8 minutes for both calls combined.

im sorta dissapointed that my dealer didnt go to bat for me a litle more. and i heard the service guy talking to kawasaki while i was standing there waiting to pic it up (he didnt recognize my face) and he was like yeah the kid tried to fix it and broke it and wants it fixed for free and he was saying other things along those lines and i didnt realize he was talking about me until like halfway threw. when he brought the bike out to me he said kawasaki's warrenty dept said to throw away your tourque wrench. (it was a fairly new (6 months) craftsman dial in type)

basicly im just glad its fixed even though it took 4 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.