Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 636 and checked the oil today i havent checked in a few weeks and i was a little down, so i just added like a third of a quart . i got my oil changed 2500 miles ago and just wondered if its ok to add and wait for the oil change or should i just go and get it changed, also where did it go its not leaking or anything just a little low. oh the bike has 6500 miles on it?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would change it. I dont go more than 1,500 mi on oil and filter. Im pretty crazy about my bike though. Also save money and change your own oil. Its too easy to pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I change it every 3000 miles which is what my dealer recommends. The oil could have been used up by the engine and gone out through the exhaust.
It's okay to add oil when your near the minimum lvl and you're nowhere near a scheduled oil change ;)
But I'd change it in about 500 miles if I were u. It's not that hard to do but I have my dealer do it for me [:I]

By the way you might wanna let your engine temperature rise a little more before you start hauling ass, won't use up as much oil then [^]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.