Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got a question for ya'll... I want to know if 4 cycle oil is the same as 4 stroke oil? Because on both of the labels they both say they are for motorcycles. The back labels say just aboput the samething-High Temp High RPM protection ect.... Just wanted to know..
Any info would help..

·
Registered
16 Posts
has anyone used ams oil before??? we used it at the track in the car's and
it made a big differnce, i seen they have special formula for sports bikes,
has anyone tryed this???[}:)]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You will generally pick up about 1% in hp going from mineral oil to synthetic. I don't think Amsoil is any different . . . except in price.

·
Registered
306 Posts
amsoil is like the best stuff on the market. Look it up, cars run to like 25k and trucks can run over a 100k on it. The whole industry has made us believe that oil needs to be changed every 3k. If you get into that site and some of the others its really interesting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I run Amsoil's synthetic ATF fluid in my sportscar. Mitsubishi's factory ATF lasted 25k miles before it lost its pink color. Amsoil is supposed to last approx 90k.

Although, I do run Mobil1 motor oil in my car. And my current plans are to do the same in my bike. The only way that I can get ahold of Amsoil is through their website, which means waiting on an order.

For filters, there is one clear choice: K&N. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.