Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally took the decals off today and waxed it up. Think I've done all I need to this bike. Time to get another one....thinking about a ZX-14 for a cruizer:D

What do you guys think????
Anything else????????
Maybe powdercoat the rims gold or black and do the rearset and the pass. pegs also(black)???

·
Registered
763 Posts
dont do the rims in black... on cars it looks ok kinda... but for some reason the color of the tires not being the same as say gloss black rims just looks weird to me.

DEF do black rearsets, either stock powdercoated or aftermarket... thats my next mod on my black 636

next thing i would do if i were you would be a Puig dark smoke windscreen... will make the bike look SOO MUCH better!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by ibleedgreen
Have the Puig just not installed;)
nice! what are you waiting for boy! takes 5 min to install haha. :)

well in that case id say get a steering damper, Hyperpro all the way.... you will be amazed at the difference it makes! its a MUST have.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some things are just better if you wait;)na just not done scratching the clear yet[8D]

Ridden with a damper before on street and track. My suspension is dialed in and don't really have a need for it on the street. Can ride solid above 13k with no wobbles or slaps. But yes could save something one day!!:D

·
Registered
871 Posts
looks real good. You can use the screws that attached the rear stock blinkers to the rear fender to replace the hole where the front reflector was on the front fender.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by WHOA636
looks real good. You can use the screws that attached the rear stock blinkers to the rear fender to replace the hole where the front reflector was on the front fender.
i was gonna say something about that...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
So did you end up using the map i sent you?
Or did you get one from dan Kyle Racing?

Bike looks good...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by mstrpeter
pull the passenger pegs, and the sticker on the tank doesn't come off nearly as easily :(

Use the pegs to much to remove them and you can't just take the right side off as easy with the big ass Arata mid-pipe....yes you have to remove that as well. That is why I'm just going to powdercoat them black and be done with it!

Tank sticker doesn't seem to be worth it, remove...wet sand...re-clear coat...too much of a pain. Just bs and say I'm representing Kawi just like all the other guys say that don't want to remove it either!:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jdgun_13
So did you end up using the map i sent you?
Or did you get one from dan Kyle Racing?

Bike looks good...
Thanks.

Been riding your map for about 400 miles now. Think I'm going to try others just to feel the difference(decent amout of back firing on yours but smokes stock 636 for sure!). I like the pop in the down shift. It sound wicked! I have a couple others to try but not D K Racing....

Do you know how I can get theirs????

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by WHOA636
Don't have them anymore and the dealer has others for me I've just been lazy to get them:(

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah the popping happens ALOT to these bikes, thus i did the Pair mod and hardly any popping...
Gotta love it..

As far as the dan kyle map just email them and see what they say, as they normally put the map in the PCIII they sell for these exhausts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Originally posted by ibleedgreen

Tank sticker doesn't seem to be worth it, remove...wet sand...re-clear coat...too much of a pain. Just bs and say I'm representing Kawi just like all the other guys say that don't want to remove it either!:D
It's not that I'm representing Kawi.. I'm representing my laziness. That's just too much damn trouble.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Where in the ATL do you live? I used to live outside of Atlanta, Buford area, off of I985, about 45 mins
up north. You have good taste, I have the same bike but Micron exhaust. I love it without the decals, I haven't
done it to mine just b/c I couldn't decide if I wanted to do.

The only thing I can think of that you could do is have the plastic peice below the seat and tank on each side
smoothed out and painted. That is what I want to do over the winter.

--Anthony

·
Registered
151 Posts
i would save the money on a windscreen.... i'd get a 5 dollar can of Krylon fusion paint for plastic and pait the inside of your stock screen... i did and it looks sweet.... also removed all the stickers...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.