Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I had to take my wheel off so this company called "nu wheel" could straighten my wheel, after I got the axle out I didnt have a front stand for my bike (I dunno if they even make them) so I layed the forks down onto one of those fake golf greens with a tee (very soft) Anyways, now I looked at the top of my forks and the part where you can adjust ride (hard-soft) is like poking out a little bit. I didnt figure I would mess anything up by setting it down this way, and the forks are stationary still. Please someone shed some light on this...THANK YOU

·
Registered
84 Posts
should not of done anything no differant than the axle bolt in and the weight of the bike on the wheel maybe your just worried and thinking that somthing is wrong. i did that two the first time that i took my front wheel off. and about the whole straightning the wheel thing, i went down to and thought about getting my wheels fixed and for one aluminum is a funny metal once it is bent it really does not want to be straight again. just look around on ebay and your local riders forums and for around the same price of getting yours fixed you can get a factory true one. just my opinion though.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah i have a straight and true one, that i am selling right now...
with rotors looking for $200 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Your forks have probably always been like that, you just never noticed it. Post some pics so that we can see if it's out of the ordinary. And yes, they makes front stands for our bikes.

And as far as your wheel goes. I'd reccomend buying a new one. The one you're having straightened out, will never be as strong as it once was.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will get pictures up tonight. That is exactly what I was thinking too, that why would putting the forks on something soft be any different that the sitting on the axle with a wheel...anyways, be back tonight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.