Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 out of I think 5 or 6 rivets have actually just fallen out on my D and D can! Hahah what is going on here? It's a 95 zx6r, do they just make them that bad or what is the deal? [V]

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a D&D slip-on on my '97 6R and the rivets are fine. I've had it for a couple years and I never had any troubles with it.

'97 ZX6R
D&D slip-on, geared, custom fender kit

·
Registered
45 Posts
D&D have never been real high quality pipes so stuff like this does happen on occasion. No worrie though because its a quick easy fix.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just pop some new rivets in. Like stated before, not the best pipe in the world, but an easy fix!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hopefully some new packing went into that can over the years and new rivets were put in from time to time. Is it time for new packing?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed d and d and they said to repack and rerivet it. Where can I get the packing to use? Thanks![^]

·
Registered
45 Posts
any MC shop will have packing for it. I think it is the same as 2 cycle pipe packing. If not then they'll order it for you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks i just took off the pipe and took out the remaining rivets, thanks for the help! too bad now its 80 degrees and not a damn cloud in the sky [V], but i guess thats how it goes! [8)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.