Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced the clutch in the 06 heres some pics.

old clutch

new clutch

sorry was in a hurry to get the new clutch in so not many pics [:M98]
runs great now like a new bike it really need it (as you can see)

N

·
0 Posts
write it up man write it up. what exactly do u replace? how much? where u get parts? step by step instructions PLEASE :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i replaced the friction plates and the steel...i think is mostly from burnouts...and i do do a few clutch up from a stop which sounds bad whenever i pop it...i am just glad its fixed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i didnt think it was that bad but then i looked inside the oil cap..and saw that they were bad so i went and picked up some plates and put them in runnin great now

i am kinda busy right now but i well right up some of the info and get the part #s for you and everything ninjakid

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You're abusing the shit out of the clutch, and I have to assume the motor is getting that as well. But it is your bike and your money. The brown shit means the clutch got so hot it melted the fiber material from the clutch plates and broke down your motor oil. That same fucked up oil is circulating in your motor and trying to lube it. If you plan on dumping you bike on some foo in the next year, no biggie, if you plan on keeping it, you might consider changing your oil every 500-1000 miles if you are going to keep doing that to the clutch. I change my race bike oil about those intervals and don't beat it up nearly that bad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah its really odd...i dont think i am that bad on the clutch.....when i had to adujst it was after i was tring burnouts on it last week...and well it was never the same...took it apart and i see that i fucked somthing up lol i think i was cluching the hell out of it while doing the burn outs...so hoping there isnt to much damnage to mthoe engine....and i did change the oil when changing the clutch

·
Registered
550 Posts
What oil are you using? I just recently changed the clutch in my 128k mile CBR600 and it didn't have that much cooked on oil gunk in it, and it's been ridden like a rental for 18 years. Whatever oil it is, you may want to pick something different.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I got over 30,000 miles on my stock clutch and ive done plenty of burnouts and wheelies without probelms, what kind of oil are you running? mobil 1 15-50 in my bike since day one and still going strong.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
u ever write something on how u changed it?
theres an awsome write up on clutchs int he how to section already check it out its not for an 05 636 but it's all very very similar i did my 04 636 from readinthat thread and it was very easy, once you do it once your like wow this is really easy...

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by southjersey636
I got over 30,000 miles on my stock clutch and ive done plenty of burnouts and wheelies without probelms, what kind of oil are you running? mobil 1 15-50 in my bike since day one and still going strong.
used different brands of synthetic since i bought it about 6k miles ago. before that, semi synthetic.

im not 100% sure my clutch is slipping. but i still wanna change it in case thats the problem. i dunno how else to explain the sudden jumps in RPM when revving high. i know for a fact this isnt normal b/c my 04 NEVER did this. oh yea, also one day when i shut it off after a ride, there was a burnt smell right around the top of the case.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I just replaced my clutch after 12k miles of street riding and 75+ passes down the quarter mile and the internals were immaculate other than the blued steel plates and worn friction disks. I use redline racing synthetic 40w with no problems. The clutch engages solidly and shifts are precise. IMO definitely switch to another brand of oil.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.