Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
do i spend 2 G's on an exhaust? This is killin me rite now.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
hell no. nice exhaust though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haah no millions and no lotto. I got rear ended and insurance just paid me a little over 3,000. I bought a subframe on ebay for $150 and a new tire from extreme supply for $130. I have to let the stealership to install the subframe to avoid the storage fee at $25 per day for 24 days while the jackass adjuster inspected the bike and also an $85 diagnostic fee. The rest of the money has to be split between an exhaust, right mid, right inner. I might just get a full titaniup muzzys. They have em on 58 cycle for like $850. Then do some new paint. So much money, so many choices......

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
nice exhaust for an 07/08, i'm sorry but the 2-3 hp you may gain over say a yosh or akra ain't worth the extra money, i say put that in your forks & rear shock & learn to RIDE the fuck out of the thing

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Fortunate for you I'm pretty sure that's for an 07/08

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
It is indeed for a 07/08, btu coming back to the $2,000 question.

I say if you have the money (disposable cash) and you are happy with the way the bike performs in the other areas, then do it.
Why not you live once, and be happy with how you do things the 1st time.

But for the record if you do end up parting your bike you would be pressed to get $800 for this system used, food for thought on an older bike.
trust me i know

Yeah any other brand of exhuast made (excluding moto corse?) is just an exhaust compared to the quality of a BEET system.

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you want you can give me the $2000 and I'll give you a gutted out OEM exhaust and you can claim that it gives the same amount of horsepower as that pipe

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Those pipes always make me wet my pants. Is it polished and then heated to get that shiny blue?

My TI system is blue but not shiny like that. And it was not blue to start with. You could almost mount that one a wall like a piece of art.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
fuck no

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had the money and my suspension done already, so i bought one for my 05. and it is an exhaust that is second to none. If you have your suspension done and plan to do some trackdays, go for it.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
just for some intel.....

The blue comes from a patented process from BEET that actually super heats the metal and they then release some kind of powder coating on it that causes it..FACT

if my computer didnt die i could shouw you some sweet ass japan superbikes, with the exhuast and on the cans it has little flames...

·
Registered
52 Posts
that looks like a great exhaust...for a factory backed or heavily sponsored race team...you wont get any noticable gain in HP over just a slip on and a gutted cat...longevity might be better but if its a street bike i wouldnt spend the money

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My Ti system has blued but nowhere as dark/even as that. I have had people people ask where they can get colored headers and what colors are available. I just laugh.

P.S. People buy full TI systems for their light wieght. Less weight means higher corner speeds on the track. Downside is almost double the price and finding someone who can weld it if damaged after a crash is tough.

Powerband on a full system will be better then a slip-on with a gutted cat. May not be much higher peak HP but track riders are looking for a healthy wide powerband.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts