Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have painted your frame to cover some scratches. Did you use a primer or just sanded the area then painted? Any recommendation on what paint? I heard lo gloss high temp engine paint will do.

Thanks,
nick

·
Registered
43 Posts
ide also like to know this :eek:. cant you tell the difference in paint colors after? (my bike is black, but still).

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I go the professional route and primer the frame first. On shit jobs I'll spray paint right on bare metal but if I want it to look really good I do it primer first.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
To those who have painted your frame to cover some scratches. Did you use a primer or just sanded the area then painted? Any recommendation on what paint? I heard lo gloss high temp engine paint will do.

Thanks,
nick
so if i understand correctly, you want to paint your metal frame and not the fairings? If so, then it must not be aluminum/polished metal? If not then it must be black already?
I personally would sand, prime, then paint.:D

If it IS polished metal, then i would maybe use scratch doctor or something of the sort? Or wax and buff it like crazy lol.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
If I was going to do anything with the frame, I would sand it down and powdercoat it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts