1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
sounds to good to be tue, IMO

·
Registered
73 Posts
For $99 plus shipping vs $10 (my cost for OEM filter) and changing every 2,500 miles I will have sold the bike (25,000+ miles) before the filter pays for itself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have it, but only cause my dealer still doesnt have the DAMN STOCK FUCKING FILTER!!! so i went out and got it, very very nice quality and its easy to clean... Plus its custom :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess folks did not read the fine print about filteration and how well it keeps the micron particles out. So u are happy with it?

Originally posted by mdsuave13

i have it, but only cause my dealer still doesnt have the DAMN STOCK FUCKING FILTER!!! so i went out and got it, very very nice quality and its easy to clean... Plus its custom :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think that it is nice. It works the same way that the K&N air filter works. You never have to buy another one again. Granted, you will probably break even as far as filters goes for the price, but it looks nice, and claims to work even better. Besides, if you could manage to prove you engine failed due to a bad filter, you would win a new engine out of the deal. I don't think they would stake a claim that would cost them lawsuits out the ass. Overall, I wouldn't say it is a bad investment, especially if you are a person that likes to work on their own bike. Wouldn't it suck if a mechanic was changing your oil, and they threw away a hundred dollar filter! That would be a kick in the ass.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by shadee

I think that it is nice. It works the same way that the K&N air filter works. You never have to buy another one again. Granted, you will probably break even as far as filters goes for the price, but it looks nice, and claims to work even better. Besides, if you could manage to prove you engine failed due to a bad filter, you would win a new engine out of the deal. I don't think they would stake a claim that would cost them lawsuits out the ass. Overall, I wouldn't say it is a bad investment, especially if you are a person that likes to work on their own bike. Wouldn't it suck if a mechanic was changing your oil, and they threw away a hundred dollar filter! That would be a kick in the ass.

If Oil changes are done on schedule it should paid off after 8 changes....I have already done two on my 2003 636

I have 5400 miles on it since I bought it May 17

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I just did my second change, and it cost me 16 bucks for the damn filter. Seems kind of expensive if you ask me. I remember paying 12 last time, but it was a different area too. I need to get one of those. I plan on keeping mine long enough to get my moneys worth. I just hope that they make them for the ZX-10!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.