Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im moving to texas at the end of the month and starting track. my question for yall is should i just get leather pants and wear my jacket with it or get a one piece. Is it a different feel when riding between both...i would save alot of money by just getting the pants but i dont want a crappy ride...advice por favor

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Depends.

Do you ever plan to do any trackdays? (you should) If so, just get a one piece.

If you are for sure never going to the track, just get the two piece.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
one piece is best
two piece is practical

one piece doesnt bunch around the waist
two piece overlaps at the waist

its your choice which you prefer
if you want to commute with riding pants, 2 piece would be better
otherwise one piece wins this battle
unless we start talking about bikinis :p

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
one piece. far better protection

sure a two piece is nice because you can take the jacket off, but aside from that it's no more practical than a one piece

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my plans are to hit the track and hit some curves on the back roads...im about 5'6 with a 30 inch waist..would the waist bind problem still be an issue for me?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
start out with a two piece maybe then move up to a one piece if you are serious about making the track days advanced classes. which will be aways down the road.

i bought a two piece and have no regrets. in hindsight i still would have bought the two piece first as I wear the hell out of my jacket. if you are budgeting though getting a decent one piece first would be ideal. sportbiketrackgear has teknic one pieces on sale for real cheap right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts