Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says.08 ninja 250. Only idles on one cylinder. Second cylinder starts firing when you give it gas but stops again if you let off the gas. Carbs have been cleaned, gas is good, getting plenty of air, obviously sparking since the other cylinder will fire. Any ideas?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
My cruiser does this when the battery is getting close to failing completely.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Either a loose vacuum hose or the Carbs need to be synched.
10 to 1 on the later.
Carbs not perfectly in sync won't cause this issue.

I'm with Sev. Something wasn't done right on the supposed carb cleaning. Were the jets actually removed, cleaned, and verified clear by holding them up to a light and looking through them? I've seen and read of all too many people that think you can spray carb cleaner into a carb and call it "clean".

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Also possible there is an air leak between the carb and cylinder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If nothing else had been tampered with, I would suspect the pilot jet...mine will do the same thing if I let it sit too long- doesn't take much crud to clog that tiny jet.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it fixed. Apparently at my last fill up I got a bad batch of gas. As you all know that regummed up the cleaned carbs. So drained the tank, recleaned the carbs and voila runs like a champ.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
How did it effect driveability when it was doing that? Did it kill you at take off? Did it shudder at lot sitting at lights?

I don't mean to be an eco-nut, but I'm sure in some circles this is a gas saving mod to be made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts