1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like an idiot i took off on my bike one day not realizing that i had
a kryptonite lock mounted on the front wheel[:M37]
since then my front brake lever feels very loose whereas it doesn't
feel like it is grabbing until the very end...resulting in hard stops...also..when i roll my bike around in neutral i hear a rubbing sound...u would think its the tire but its not resting on anything..did i screw up my caliper or something....HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
make sure the pads arent worn our first. you can also put it on a front and rear stand, and roll the wheel forward to check for any rubbing areas.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hardtokill,
as much as it pains me to say...I did the same in my 03. I had the "no breaks to the end and the rubbing" With mine I wasn't even riding it, I was just moving it.....well low and behold after many test....I even had my lines bled well nothing took it away. To make a long story short...your rotor is warped. When you ride it you can tell by looking down and the rotor (don't look down too long) and seeing shift. What happens is that when the rotor shifts it pushes the pads further back out so when you press on the breaks it takes more force for the pads to stop the rotor (bike). With me if I pumped the breaks they worked fine but who wants to do that everytime....sorry to hear about it but hey man I feel your pain.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Boricua3174: So that's why you needed the brake disk mounting bolt torque spec. ;)

I posted the specs in your other thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.