Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I changed my oil and filled it just a little too full. Anybody got any ideas of how to get it out without pullin out the drain bolt?
Well, just in case you haven't, run the bike till it's warm and then shut it off. Check it after it's cooled down and it should be lower.

If you already did that then yeah, you're going to have to drain it a little bit, that is if it truly is too full. I've run my bike at or near the full line with no problems, but never above. Good luck.

Draining it really isn't that bad though, man. If you have a rear-stand especially cause then you don't even have to take any fairings off. Even if you don't have a rear-stand you shouldn't have to take any fairings off, just put something under there like a funnel or something and some rags to make sure you don't get it on your fairings.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can also remove the oil filter and drain the oil out of it, then re-install and start the bike to fill it back up again and repeat until the oil level is correct. Removing the drain plug and only draining a small amount out is a mess.

·
Neutered
9,654 Posts
Turkey baster syringe.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
When I last changed my oil, it was totally devoid of oil, let it drain for a few hrs. Then I filled about 3.7 qts (I do not pre-fill the oil filter) I bought 4 qts and in the past I've actually used 4+ some but this time it didn't seem to take it. Since I have my bike on front and rear stands that skews the level, but I always fill it on the rearstand only. The level is maybe at the top of the window when off and cool. When on it's half way thru the window. After hot it's normal. You're fine. And no, I have never ever burped my bike after changing the oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.