Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was riding home today and a truck with some guys and a girl pulled up next to me and they gave me the ubiquitous wheelie gesture, im sure you all know it. I couldn't resist their squidly suggestion so I slip the clutch and try to get one up for their entertainment (and mine I guess). I fail miserably, just a lurch with maybe a 2 inch wheelie. Oops, wrong gear. I had my headphones on and I guess I didn't notice I was in 3rd instead of 2nd. I was pretty embarrased as you can imagine. I had to redeem myself so I down shifted to second and tried again. Got it up and rode it out ahead of them a few 100 yards and stayed their till they turned off. I was still a bit ashamed at my fuck up and didn't want to see them laughing at me. I guess the moral of the story is if your gonna show off, make sure you do it right or you end up looking like a jackass as well as a squid. Alright guys, post up your embarrasing stories. Everyone has at least one.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
once i sharted and my roomie noticed, and he poked fun at me

N

·
0 Posts
my most embarrassing moments have been the times when i dropped my 04 [:M69]

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Most embarassing riding moment...um...one time on my old 6E I raced this Eclipse because the guy was being an asshole, revving and yelling insults at me, and I wanted to shut him up...and there was this really hot chick in an SUV on the other side of me who was saying I could take him, and he doesn't have a chance, and shit...so I feather the clutch, get it flying through first then figure I'll pop it up a bit just to rub it in, so I slip the clutch a little and drop it right away, but the front end snaps up, and I worked at a restaurant at that time and had those 'non-slip' shoes that do nothing but absorb all the grease and slip twice as much on non-greasy surfaces...so my feet slid off the pegs and I'm sitting there doing a superman holding onto the handlebars with a deathgrip with the front end at probably 10 or 11 o'clock and my feet dragging on the ground...so I kick off the ground hard and pull myself back up to the bike sitting on the passenger seat and reach my right foot forward and smash the rear brake...front end comes down hard enough that the mirrors shifted all the way down so I couldn't see behind me, and I was on the passenger seat so I couldn't look over my shoulder, and all this was happening too fast for me to think rationally so I just gunned it and took off until I was sure the eclipse couldn't be anywhere near me, then I pulled off to catch my breath...about 20 seconds later the eclipse pulls up next to me and he says, "I bet you pissed your pants, huh?" Fucker.

That was like 5 years ago, though, when I was just starting out, so I had no idea what I was doing, and I a newbie idiot, back then.

The most recent embarassing moment was yesterday. First time on a 'dirtbike' so I was riding my friend's semi-auto crf50 pit bike in a grass field just off the Tampa Bay...did a full-throttle 1-2 shift, and the auto clutch grabbed way too hard and looped the thing instantly, set me on my ass with a pretty badly sprained knee. So not only did I somehow manage to loop a 50cc 4-stroke auto tranny with no clutch in SECOND GEAR...but I hurt myself on a pit bike. [:I][V] So now I'll be crutching myself around at the MotoGP. [V]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a couple for you, and I can't believe I will share the second one cause I haven't really told anyone...okay..the first one was on my first bike, ex500, when I first got it. My parents were following me home in their car, the first stop sign I came to WHAM dropped right over on her right side...that sucked big time, I beat my ego all to hell, bent rear brake lever, scratched mirror, cracked rear turnsignal lens. Okay, second...this is with the new bike and thankfully nothing happened to the bike. I pulled into the drive way, proceed to shut her down, you know all the good stuff that you usually do to get off the bike...well...as I go to swing my right leg off the bike, I quickly realize that I missed one very important step...the kickstand...so the bike starts to fall slowly, it's past the point of return so I get smooshed, my left foot/ankle under the stator cover...yeah, that felt real good! [:p]

·
Registered
190 Posts
ok well its the day after i bought my 636. I made it out of the dealership without wrecking the bike and it was storming like a mofo. The next day I was feeling pretty good about myself and decided to pull into 711 to get a drink. Well the pavement was at an incline and there was gravel and i didnt' notice it. When I put my foot down, my left foot was lower then my right and that swung the bike over. My toe slipped on the gravel and i had to jump off the bike and hold it up as hard as i could and set it down gently. It would have been scratch free except there was a piece of metal on the ground that the starter cover hit. It scratched my started cover up. A guy was walking to his car when i fell and saw the whole thing. I felt like and ass and when i got home my wife made fun of me the rest of the day.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
bout a month ago, turning around in a freinds yard with my girl on the back. trying to take off slow and let it stumble and tried to catch it with my left foot but the grass was wet my foot slipped and over we went. in front of like 7 people.

·
Registered
78 Posts
well one time at band camp... ahh nevermind. But there was this one time that I dropped mine, all I was doing was pulling off the road to zip my bookbag cause I forgot, well I came to a stop but was on gravel that was un-level, long story short, was putting my bookbag on , moved a little too much, well my arms were going through the straps on the bookbag, I couldn't get them out and over she went. Im sure I looked like an idiot with my arms halfway in the straps trying to herry and get loose so I could save the bike. Damn that sucked. Atleast I didn't get hurt though, bike only got a couple scratches.
Later
Matt

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well, the most embarassing moment I had was when I was riding with a friend on a very curvy rode. He was in front of me about 50 ft and I hit this hairpin that came up real fast and I really didn't have enough rode to slow down with because it was covered in dew and I didn't want to slam on the brakes. So basically instead of taking the corner at 30 mph, I freaked and went just STRAIGHT into a ditch. It wasn't funny then, but I look back on it now and I think to myself what a dumbass I was [B)]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Back in 1991 when I bought my Katana, I was filling up at the gas station and guess I was a bit pumped up or something when I stood it up off the sidestand....I ended up having it go past center and over on the other side too far for me to hold it up. I "gently" laid it down. Then I couldn't pick it back up. My previous bikes weren't as heavy and I was embarassed for dropping it so was trying to pick it up quick. I had to have the gas station guy help me.

I have since learned the correct technique for picking a bike up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.