Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into the honda dealer for some spray polish/cleaner, (good stuff BTW), and saw a cbr600F4i. It was the only sportbike they had left except for an FZ1 which was sold. I've heard good things about them but wanted to hear from anyone who's rode or owned one. Price is kinda steep at $8300 but I'm sure that's negotiable. Kawi dealer offered me a ZZR for $7000 but he'd have to go get it out of town. I'm not gonna make it through the summer without a sportbike. It might come down to buying one or keeping the wife. I'll miss her when I'm not riding.:)

Sorry for asking a honda question here but I'm sure some of you are familiar with them.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
forget that! $8300 is FAR too much for the ability of that bike. don't get me wrong, it's a nice bike, but it's getting outdated. honda has put their efforts into the 600RR and the F4i is just along for the ride. aside from that, what's w/ honda going back to the banana seat on the F4? it made a huge difference when they went to individual seats, then they shot themselves in the foot. if you want an F4i, look towards the 01-02 models. better looking, still with injection.

it depends on your riding style/preferences. personally, i would say the ZZR is much more comfortable, but the looks aren't there. the old honda has good lines in my opinion. the bike will come with the comfort of knowing it's a honda motor. bulletproof! the kaw is a good bike as well. overall, i prefer the kawasaki. my ZX still has good lines, along with the comfort factor when it comes to sportbikes. she's NEVER let me down.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Why dont you just look in the classified section here on the forum, a 2005 ZX6R for $6500 should not be a problem to find.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i think the f4i's are trying to go to a sport cruzer look and the focus is on the RR's for honda. the f4i is a dam good stunt bike thats for sure but i would not buy a new f4i, look for a 01'-03' if your after one. unless the comfort of the bannana seat is what u want. they are nice bikes, they just went fugly.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My brother has an '04 - should be the same as '05 and '06- that I have ridden. Nice bike, fully adjustable suspension, more comfortable riding position than a full-on sportbike but still did well at a track day. IMO, a good all-around bike, should do everything well but not any one thing great.

Also, he paid ~7800, OTD, in Southern California. I think you can do better on price.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It's a good all around bike, but the zzr600 for 7k is such a better deal, and the main difference would be the fuel injection, so if you want to spend 1300 extra for that, then get the f4i. I love the looks of the zzr, the f4i looks goofy with that one piece seat. Get the zzr, I guess I'm partial to it because it just looks like my zx9 and im in love with that bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i own a 2001 honda cbr f41. got it for $3000. have no complaints. its more comfortable on long rides because it sits more upright. its more of a sport-tourer, but it still got enough pep to get down on if that was your mood.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read that the F4i was a little more upright than more modern bikes so that's what got me interested. MO says it's a good all around bike. Biggest problem is the price considering you could buy a new 636 for that kind of money. Could just buy my 05 back from the dealer for under 6K but one of the mechanics has been using it and who knows how he's treating it. Might have to take a ride to Green Bay and look at some used bikes. Not many used sportbikes for sale here. Thanks for the opinions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.