Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really love the way these red stickers look on an all black bike compared to stock. i want to do the same (except non reflective like this guy has) but i also already have all blue gauges w/red redline and not sure if that would look weird together or not.

my bike looks pretty much close to the same (black 06, muzzy slip on with polished end cap instead of black, black fairing bolt kit, and i have black arata rearsets and black powdercoated pass. pegs)

what do you guys think of the red sticker/blue gauge match up?

oh and heres what im talking about by reflective... i want the same exact red, just non reflective.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Looks fine. Now go ride the damn thing.

--David

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Not my style but it looks pretty good. Red and Black go well together. Would probably ditch the Ninja sticker though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
And a red chain, and remove the chain cover

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no red rim stripes and def no red chain

trying to keep it as clean and simple looking as possible [8D]

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like it too...might even add it to my winter todo list... It keeps growing and growing... Anyone photochop a red rim strip on one pic?? Thanks

Ian

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Don't do the Red Ninja - it's too much. Just take the Ninja sticker off completely and make the others red.

I'm doin the same exact thing to my bike except blue with orange decals.

Just my 2 cents.

Lemme know where you order your decals from when you do it. I'm still lookin for a website to get my orange ones.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
I like it, including the Ninja sticker. The guage might clash a little bit, but since your red stickers won't be reflective and the only time anyone will see the blue gauges is at night, you're really the only person that's gonna live with it. Now that bike with all-red gauges...that'd be sweet. A little too extreme for my tastes (I like the more-or-less stock look, myself) but I think it'd look really slick.

·
Registered
857 Posts
that re don black is awsome, it would look a ton better if the wheels were powdercoated gloss black too...then get red levers and such to accent the red

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. The pictures above are of my bike. The decal overlays can be bought at tapeworks. When applying them, take your time because you only have one chance to do it right. I'm actually going to remove all of my decals except for the ones on the tank that are not easily removed. I am going to overlay that one with a different color when I remove the other ones. At one point I had the rim strips on but wasn't crazy about the look so I removed them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Go for it. Looks damn good if you ask me.
I'd get the rims powdercoated black, take off the reflectors, and get red brake calipers too.:D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by kevinmcdade
Thanks for the compliments. The pictures above are of my bike. The decal overlays can be bought at tapeworks. When applying them, take your time because you only have one chance to do it right. I'm actually going to remove all of my decals except for the ones on the tank that are not easily removed. I am going to overlay that one with a different color when I remove the other ones. At one point I had the rim strips on but wasn't crazy about the look so I removed them.
yep man stole it from you! your bike looks sexy. any recent mods/pics?

do you know if tapeworks offers the same color but in non-reflective? i was looking on their site but couldnt tell.

how hard was it to install the overlays? you said you only have one chance to do it right.

whats your plans for the bike now?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.