Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new leather jacket and I have started to look around the local shops and try things on. I've tried several A* and Dainese jackets and while I like the Dainese look and style and make a bit better, I think they are pretty spendy.

So, I went online and found the JoeRocket Speedmaster (http://www.joerocket.com/jrf/products/product.cfm?products_id=381). However, I know next to nothing about JoeRocket gear.

What do you guys think of the gear? Of how it's made (quality, durability)? To people that have had the unfortunate opportunity to crash-test them, how did it stand up?

Thanx for all your help!

·
Registered
442 Posts
that jacket is awesome but you dont need to spend that much $ for a jacket. it isnt "that" much better than the rest. i spend lees than $300. just get leather as opposed to textiles.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i got my speedmaster for $290 off ebay, it's faily comfortable, rather warm in the summer but it does fit well.

i got a chance to crash in it, and joe rocket pants and it held up fairly well. no seams came apart and i slid on my right arm with it under me and just barely wore thru the leather on the right forearm. i wouldn't hesitate to get another JR jacket.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
I hav enot had the chance to crash test it, but I really like my speedmaster. As for prices, look up metricbikes superstore (http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/products.php?osCsid=70d5e2c9f60154228386915cc1429d68), I got a great deal from them. The only problem I had was that the zipper stop at the top of the chest zipper came off. I called JR since the jacket was only a few months old, and they said I could either send it back and they would take care of it, or take it to a tailor and have a new zipper put on and send JR a copy of the bill. I said something like, "AH you know, if it's only going to be like a $10 fix I won't worry about sending you a bill; I thought it would be more." JR's response was and adamant, "No please send me the bill. We are very concerned about our quality and consumer relations. I know that $10 may not seem like a big deal, but that sipper is our problem, and we want to make sure we take care of it." So that was pretty cool.

All in all, I'm happy with this jacket. Like caboose said, it's a little warm in the summer, but not unbareable. I give it a big[:M11]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Joe Rocket makes good gear. I'm not going to get in an argument with the Dainese nuts that say Joe Rocket in crap in comparison, but I think Joe Rocket is good gear for someone on a budget. A Speedmaster jacket is going to do a lot more than a sweatshirt would! I also like the Joe Rocket style. I have two of JR jackets--one mesh UFO jacket, and a Ballistic textile. Getting the Kawasaki leather for Christmas from my girlfriend :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
all of my textile gear is rocket gear. i love it. my alter ego jacket and ballistic pants rock in cold weather. i also have a pheonix jacket for summer riding that i strongly recommend to anyone that thinks summer is too warm for gear. i have never worn a leather rocket jacket as i bought a 'demo' teknic jacket for half price. the teknic is ok but kinda' ugly in my opionion. i don't like the carbon fiber shoulder pucks on it. my one-piece is used and hideous but fits well and does the job. (thanks to dillan code and his gang) i can't remember the manufactured but it is green, black, purple and f*ckin' ugly!!!

back to the question. i personally don't like the fact that rocket gear is made in china, but you can't win them all. for the money they do a good job at keeping me warm and protected. i wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their merchandise.

oh, and both pair of gloves are rocket, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.