Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking to sell my akrapovic slip on with a link pipe to get a full. The full will cost me another 600 bucks after I sell mine. I do not race or go do track days because the closest one is 6 and a half hours away . I already have a pcv installed so that is covered. The full im looking to get is the Leo Vince Factory Evo II. My bike is also my daily driver and I will have it for three more years before I go ahead and get a 1000 and move on in life haha. So what do you guys think? Money is kinda tight so it would be a serious purchase, I can handle it but is it really worth it for me? Im a guy so of cours it sounds good haha more power and I like the way it looks but...

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
No reason IMO to get a full pipe but its your money. Lets be honest...you probably arent using 80% of the power the bike has.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No reason IMO to get a full pipe but its your money. Lets be honest...you probably arent using 80% of the power the bike has.
Definitely agree with the whole 80% because most people aren't haha. It gets a lot of canyon time but that still doesn't get close to testing its true limits.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
Don't waste the 600 bucks, IMO. And I didn't like how the bottom of my exhaust pipe was exposed due to removing the small triangle plates.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I don't know about leo but the yoshi site only showed a 1hp increase with a full exhaust over just having an rs5 slip-on on my 07 zx6

Reactions: whitehendrix

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it goes from 4 to 11 with a full for akra

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've had a slip on and a full exhaust, currently Full Akra race system. The bike is very fast for a 600 stock, the slip on def. helps alot esp. in the weight department. You get an added weight drop ditching the stock header and cat, but most of the weight I lost was from the stock resonator box and muffler. As far as power, ditching all but the header made a pretty good gain, as you know. Going to a full system completely changed the power, tone etc. You will need a remap with a full setup, a slip on you supposedly don't although it did help. All the full system is going to do is move the power band around. You will gain a bit on peak and have a little harder surge up top but loose a noticeable amount in the lower rev range, the bike is harder to launch with a full setup as there is very little back preasure. I can say with a full system I can hang with a lot of much "faster" bikes. It's very rare someone pulls on me by much on the roll, off the line unless I kill the clutch I get left for a second while it builds up. I like the look of the full setup better, if it's a quality system.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had a slip on and a full exhaust, currently Full Akra race system. The bike is very fast for a 600 stock, the slip on def. helps alot esp. in the weight department. You get an added weight drop ditching the stock header and cat, but most of the weight I lost was from the stock resonator box and muffler. As far as power, ditching all but the header made a pretty good gain, as you know. Going to a full system completely changed the power, tone etc. You will need a remap with a full setup, a slip on you supposedly don't although it did help. All the full system is going to do is move the power band around. You will gain a bit on peak and have a little harder surge up top but loose a noticeable amount in the lower rev range, the bike is harder to launch with a full setup as there is very little back preasure. I can say with a full system I can hang with a lot of much "faster" bikes. It's very rare someone pulls on me by much on the roll, off the line unless I kill the clutch I get left for a second while it builds up. I like the look of the full setup better, if it's a quality system.
Is it nice to have as a daily rider? And how do you think leo compares?

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
leo vince is top notch

but if $ is tight, save the purchase for another time.
priorities my friend .

and if its not gonna hit the track, id just sell ur slip n get the leo slip if thats what u really want(when monies not so tight)

like the man said the 09-11 zx6 is a monster, i have no issues at all with 750's 675's or other 600's

and i really didnt feel much after adding a header onto my slip .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
leo vince is top notch

but if $ is tight, save the purchase for another time.
priorities my friend .

and if its not gonna hit the track, id just sell ur slip n get the leo slip if thats what u really want(when monies not so tight)

like the man said the 09-11 zx6 is a monster, i have no issues at all with 750's 675's or other 600's

and i really didnt feel much after adding a header onto my slip .
I wouldnt mind grabbing a slip on from them but with a link pipe it makes them look pretty bad from what I have seen and I would definitely want to run one

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
then just stick to what u got for now, or find a cheap alternative - something u can get with the money youve made selling the akra can .

a full system really isnt worth it if you dont plan on tracking it etc.
might save you a few seconds going to walmart on a sunday- but that doesnt really matter :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
alright really a full system will make a slight weight, power and sexyness factor difference lol

Its up to you if its worth the money

However if you decide to get it I want you old set up lol PM with pricing

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
true story :D to me if you want some extra grunt keep the $600 and buy a +1 or +2 rear sprocket, best mod for your money hands down ;)

and the whole.. "moving on w/ life" ain't all that great, i love stomping the r1's, gsxr1k's etc.. at the track because they thought they moved on LOL :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts