Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, im really paranoid now after hearing about everybody having problems with their 636 trans and kawi doing nothing about it... so I have thought of my options and here they are... i have somebody who will no doubt buy my bike next summer once i get the balance paid down some which wont be a problem and then I will just pay it off and be at a clean slate. Then I could go to the dealer and get an 07' next summer NOT KAWI THOUGH i see gixxers who get beat the sh*t out of all the time and run like champs but then there is a ton of people blowing gears on kawis with 4,000 miles on em!??!!? come on now so its either keep the kawi and hope nothing goes wrong, or get a 07' gix 750 or 1000 next summer... what would you guys do????

·
Registered
180 Posts
Uh... I beat the hell out of my 636, and it runs great. And I have 15,500 miles on it. And with my friends Suzukis, I've seen everything from valves getting sucked, granaded engines, and the forks between 1st and 2nd gear get bend (strictly a suzuki problem I've been told). So don't believe everything you read about the gearbox. Mines been great, as have my 3 other friends who have had them. 2 of those have also put down the same amount of miles I have, and beat them equally as har. Keep the kawi, you'll get more out of it, AND its less likely to get stolen.

·
Registered
306 Posts
we replace 2nd gear and a shift fork in my friend's gixxer 1k last winter, so you have the chance to have problems no matter were you go.

·
Registered
180 Posts
One problem I see, no body actually steps up and goes "Yeah, I toss my bike around like a skinny chick on my couch. Failures happen when you're this rough." I fully expect something eventually will happen to my bike. I track it, take it railing through canyons and woods, scream through bumpy city streets. Eventually something is going to break on my bike, and it is going to be expensive to fix. But, I ride the bike hard, I expect this.

I just had a valve adjustment and the intake valves were off. Oh noes! My bike is defective!

·
Registered
318 Posts
friend of mine has an 03 gsxr 750 only with 15k on it and just started hearing a bearing knock guess it's time for a rebuilt. my 04 has 13k and not a problem yet. you can't go by other peoples mechanical problems just because they are having tranny problems with thier zx6r, you my never have that problem. just enjoy your ride and don't worry about it.:D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I've done 21,000 miles on my '05 636 with no problems, and a friend of mine did 30,000 miles on an '02 GSXR750 before 2nd gear started to go, and the cams started pitting.

I've got friends who've had problems with Yamahas, friends who've had problems with Hondas, and friends who've had problems with Kawasakis. You've got a chance of having problems with any bike you buy, so buy what you want.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ride my 03 fairly hard and have zero problems with it. I'm currently just over 12,000 miles. I previously owned a gix6 before my kawi. The only Suzuki I'd ride at this point is a busa for IMO the best comfort+power combo. Otherwise, I'm stayin' true to kawi :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your bike is not defective...........yet! Why change it so soon? Have you done any mods? If so, changing it with a years use is too soon IMO.

Chill out and enjoy [8D]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Obviously you are misinformed or don't know shit about BIKES!

So i voted get a suzuki, and why wait?

It does not matter which brand of bike you buy, at some point in time if you beat the shit out of it you will break something..
The current bikes are all in a high state of tune so just a matter of time..
My RC51 has almost 10,000 miles on it and gets ridden hard everytime i touch it...nothing broken thus far..

My 05 ZX6R has 3,000 miles mostly on track over 9000rpm, no problems at all..
But i dont pre-load the trans shifter like some do or clutchless shift it either, not a goodthing for longevity..like riding a clutch.

Susukis, when pushed seem to break valves and pit cams..
Yamaha's seem to have bad clutch baskets and transmission with time
Honda seem to be the mot all around reliable, but if you didnt notice they also put out the least HP and rev lower.
Kawi..used to be 2nd gear trans dogs, but i never had that on my ex500 (2),zx7,zx9 or my 636

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.