Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last month i sadly traded my 05 636 for 7000 buck tot he kawi dealership which owns a car dealship to for a 04 civic si. it was a big mistake. i saw this new bike on here and holy cow. I had to get one. i went down there and ordered me a black one and got it for 8600 otd since i spent 30,000 plus there in the last 12 months!! Dealer cost is 7794 so there making at least 1300 or so on new zx6,s! i cant wait till spring!

·
Registered
245 Posts
wow lucky you. $400 below msrp out the door on what will be a brand new release. I wouldn't expect to see prices like that until around this time next year. But like you said, they probably cut you a deal considering all the business you've done there. I want to order mine soon too, but i i'm planning on moving in a couple of months so i can't preorder one here now when i'll be living 400 miles away by the time they come out. Did they give you a solid date of when it would come in? or just vaguely sometime next spring?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
My next bike is a 2008 ZX10R :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said middle of feburary to march. All i was guaranteed was before Spring. I cant decided what color, i have a black one order, but they have a green one coming that i can change to. Ya i got a hell of a deal becasue my old 05 zx-6r was a lemon, needed a valve adjustment at 600 miles cause the engine ticked so loud, and it never ran rite before or after they worked on it, plus the car i got to so li spent like 30,000 dollars there in 9 months, now add another 8600. As soon as i get a release date ill post it up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man I sat on a 07 ZX-10R at Ron Ayers this afternoon, that bitch is uncomfortable as hell. I hope the 6Rs aren't the same way.

The 10R did have an Ohlins steering damper though, +1 for kawasaki in my book.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Originally posted by Swede636
Man I sat on a 07 ZX-10R at Ron Ayers this afternoon, that bitch is uncomfortable as hell. I hope the 6Rs aren't the same way.

How far is cherry point from Raleigh

·
Registered
200 Posts
I sat on the 10r and it felt fine to me....just a lil too much bike. I'm not much of a big guy so I don't need that many cc's rocketing my crotch just yet. I'll stick with 6r for a few years. But still the 10 felt good in my book. I like the look too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by Swede636

I had a chance to sit on a '07 6R at the bike show in DC and it's far more comfortable than the '07 ZX-10R.(imo) I am 6'2'' and could see myself comfortably riding one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.