Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my akra slip on and a FE from fenderkit.com. Does it matter which I install first? Also any idea how long do it will take me to install them both? an insight into the installation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i installed both of those at seperate times. if you haven't taken apart the tail before, i'd say anywhere from 3-4 hours. If you have experience taking those pieces apart you can probably do it in less than 2 hours. pretty easy install for both. i would do the fenderkit first and then the exhaust. the fenderkit.com instructions are a real help to understand how to remove the tail pieces. from there, the exhaust is easily accessible.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you do the installs at the same time I'd guess it would take an hour. Otherwise, 45min/Akra and 30min/FE Kit. Its all easy, do the installs together.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Good choice of mods! Install them both together, but do the fender kit first. You have to take off the entire tail, seat, and various plastics for both installs. Remove the stock pipe to give you some room for installing the fender kit bracket. Both should take about 2 hours. Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by hokie636
Good choice of mods! Install them both together, but do the fender kit first. You have to take off the entire tail, seat, and various plastics for both installs. Remove the stock pipe to give you some room for installing the fender kit bracket. Both should take about 2 hours. Good luck!
Excellent! Thanks for the pic it looks great. Hopefully I can get this done this weekend.

·
Registered
245 Posts
sorry, just re-read my post. i meant to say that i installed them seperately because i bought them at different times. definitely install them both at the same time if you have both. and like others have said, the fenderkit would probably be easier to do first. he specifically explains how to remove the tail section and has pictures. my akra slip-on didn't have instructions, so i don't know if they show how to remove the tail or if they just say remove the tail and then...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by cmikepee
sorry, just re-read my post. i meant to say that i installed them seperately because i bought them at different times. definitely install them both at the same time if you have both. and like others have said, the fenderkit would probably be easier to do first. he specifically explains how to remove the tail section and has pictures. my akra slip-on didn't have instructions, so i don't know if they show how to remove the tail or if they just say remove the tail and then...
Does the akra slip on need the FI light fix? Does it come with one? I bought it from indysuperbikes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i bought mine there too. it should have the FI fix included. although mine SHOULD of had some kind of instructions or at least diagram included as well. if you search fi fix you can probably find a good picture of it. it's shaped kind of like a wing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought mine there too. it should have the FI fix included. although mine SHOULD of had some kind of instructions or at least diagram included as well. if you search fi fix you can probably find a good picture of it. it's shaped kind of like a wing.
Cool. I can't wait to hear it. my neighbors already hate my bike and its not even loud.

·
Registered
245 Posts
good luck with the install. shouldn't be too difficult. post some pics or clips when your done. i still have to do this as well. and by the way, i love the sound. not too much louder, but the tone is much better. sounds more throatier.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good luck with the install. shouldn't be too difficult. post some pics or clips when your done. i still have to do this as well. and by the way, i love the sound. not too much louder, but the tone is much better. sounds more throatier.
I definitely will post some pics as soon as its done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.