Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was read the earlier post about OTD prices for CA. Whats the RRP in the US? Something like $10,990? You see what i dont get is that, in Australia, using the current exchanges rates, that price works out to be $14,803 Australian. Yet as far as I know the ZX-10R is being predicted at $19,000-$20,000 (not including insurance and registration, add another $900) Down Under. Whats the go?? I know there are taxes and stuff to be paid but that is a real big difference to pay! Can anyone shed some light on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Originally posted by wolf
Hey guys i was read the earlier post about OTD prices for CA. Whats the RRP in the US? Something like $10,990? You see what i dont get is that, in Australia, using the current exchanges rates, that price works out to be $14,803 Australian. Yet as far as I know the ZX-10R is being predicted at $19,000-$20,000 (not including insurance and registration, add another $900) Down Under. Whats the go?? I know there are taxes and stuff to be paid but that is a real big difference to pay! Can anyone shed some light on this?
Jesus! I'd pay for the bike and pay to have it shipped to my country if I were you. Cause even if it costs 2k to ship, and you get it out the door for 13k, it's still saving money.. But I don't know much about how international shipping works. But damn 20k! Scary stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
19780 eur for the ZX-10R in Finland. That's something like 24000-25000 US Dollars...

R1 and CBR1000RR will be even more: 20990 eur.

+ ofcourse delivery costs, insurance etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Originally posted by _6R_
19780 eur for the ZX-10R in Finland. That's something like 24000-25000 US Dollars...

R1 and CBR1000RR will be even more: 20990 eur.

+ ofcourse delivery costs, insurance etc.
I'd say you guys are taken it in the('[:M43]')

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Originally posted by 54boyz
the count down has begun, ten days and counting, i pick her up on the 10th!!:D
Mmmmmm, could you give some detailed info, ie what dealership, has the dealer confirmed when their shipment arrives?

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Originally posted by 54boyz
the count down has begun, ten days and counting, i pick her up on the 10th!!:D
Uh, you might be in for a dissipointment man. According to Motorcycle news magizine, Kawasaki has offically postponed the production (There words are production and not realse) of the 10R until Feburary.

The entire article is scanned at http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65174

Have to be a memeber to see the pictures, but it's an interesting read. Seems they loved the 10R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah apparantly they are delaying the release of the 10 because this year is the 10th anniversary of the ZX-9R. Think they're gonna wait until that date b4 they release the 10R. Heard this from my dealer, not confirmed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Originally posted by wolf
Yeah apparantly they are delaying the release of the 10 because this year is the 10th anniversary of the ZX-9R. Think they're gonna wait until that date b4 they release the 10R. Heard this from my dealer, not confirmed.
I heard that it was actually transmission problems causing the delay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
well, thats just great news!!!!!NOT. i just got off the phone sith kawasaki, the lady i talked to did not know anything, but gave me the customer servics # to call monday, so hopefulllllllly ill know something monday. my dealer is moving into a new building clear across town and wont be open till the tenth so they cant tell me anything eithor. i have heard about the tranny probs, i guess if it is true its just another lesson an being pacient(sorry about the spelling, am at work and have to hurry) any way, if any of you all here anything it would be great if you would let me know and ill do the same, im in northern oklahoma, so i guess time will tell,
54BOYZ4EVA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
CDR you'll get tired of reading this post everywhere you go..:D

I've managed to get a verbal/email confirmed price of $11,100 OTD (7.25% tx, title & doc fees only) since the dealership is out of town a few hrs what should i ask for in terms of official documentation thats binding so no funny stuff happens while i wait for the bike to show up next month?? perhaps a copy of the BOS/DRS what else?

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Originally posted by Big Daddy
CDR you'll get tired of reading this post everywhere you go..:D

I've managed to get a verbal/email confirmed price of $11,100 OTD (7.25% tx, title & doc fees only) since the dealership is out of town a few hrs what should i ask for in terms of official documentation thats binding so no funny stuff happens while i wait for the bike to show up next month?? perhaps a copy of the BOS?? what else?

BD
Haha, well what can I do? We both have good taste in forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Originally posted by Big Daddy
CDR you'll get tired of reading this post everywhere you go..:D

I've managed to get a verbal/email confirmed price of $11,100 OTD (7.25% tx, title & doc fees only) since the dealership is out of town a few hrs what should i ask for in terms of official documentation thats binding so no funny stuff happens while i wait for the bike to show up next month?? perhaps a copy of the BOS/DRS what else?

BD
Holy SHIT! Got a CA qoute for 10999.00 OTD!!!!!!!! Man, so many decisions.. So little time. Do I go for the bike with all the toys like the slipper clutch, pedal disks, and the probably the best brakes in Japanese sport bike history. Or do I go for the bike that is just awesome looking. Hrm.. Hrm.. I have no doubt that the R1 will handle good, and be just as fast (and if it's like normal yamaha's rev up like a mofo fast as hell), but is that worth the exta 1k i'd spend in CA, to get an R1? If the slipper clutch kicks as much ass, I'd have to eventually put one on the R1 if I got it, thats another 800 smackeroo's right there. SOOOO confused.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Hey quit following me around..;) Yup ya gotta like that price. If your going to race the zx10 then the slipper clutch becomes a ?? if not than its pretty much a moot point. What bodywork is most appealing to you Scott?? because in the end its what appeals to your eye.[8)]

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Hey quit following me around..;) Yup ya gotta like that price. If your going to race the zx10 then the slipper clutch becomes a ?? if not than its pretty much a moot point. What bodywork is most appealing to you Scott?? because in the end its what appeals to your eye.[8)]

BD
I don't hate the look of the 10R. I love it from the sides, I love it from the rear, I love it from the top.. But the front is a little bit of a turn off for me. The R1 is very asthetically pleasing for my eyes. But is it really all about looks? It probably shouldn't be when you put in the terms of life and safety. I think the 10R might be the most dagerous safe bike I have ever seen. Best of both worlds. But one thing I dont like is down low grunt over midrange, and top end. That seems to be what the 10R is all about.

Just wish they kept the headlights split like the original body work on the tester. Oh well, can always just make one. ;) I'd give the 10R a 7 on looks, and the R1 a 10.

I will say that having a 636 is playing influnece on my want for this 10R. Hands down I will say the quality and build of the 636 was the best I've ever sampled. I don't know, gotta figure it out soon.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top