Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ottawa People,

I've been on Kawi forums for a while (although not active lately), but now I've moved up to Ottawa and hope to get out riding sometime soon. Is there any local bike nights that happen around the area?

Unfortunately my bike is still back home in Chatham until the movers come. But it will be here soon and hope to meet up with everyone.

Cheers!
Darren

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im in ottawa!

most of the guys will meet up at hog back timmies
prince of wales and meadowlands
they'll go out when ever its nice out at nite

see u on the streets!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys, Im in Ottawa.

Since your from Chatamn... this might be a long shot, but you dont happen to know a guy named Sasha Stanoivich (last name spelt wrong)

Doubtful but I went to college with the guy in Oshawa... and I talked to another guy form there who happened to know him too... anyways is your bike up here yet?

I normally go to Merivale and Meadowlands Friday night and sometimes Sat night. I guess its more the car scene but I know a lot of guys who go there so I normally end up there.

·
Banned
193 Posts
im in ottawa too, where the meetings at.. Merivale and Meadowlands, been there once and only saw two bike, a cbr and gixxer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Sailordude!
Got that bike moved to Ottawa yet? The roads up there have to be better than the 'grids' down here.
It has been pretty quiet back here in the south.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im dieing to get to the track, didnt make it last season. Im trying to sign up for ott-motorcycles.ca (awaiting approval for some odd reason lol) but I read a post there they have a few days organzied for the forumn group to go up to Calabogie.

Im driving an old school 90' ZX6 with a muzzy exhaust system, so it doesnt look so old with those dual cans on it. I just went and spent an arm and a leg at Goodtime Center picking up some odds and ends preppin the old girl for the road again.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you wanna do track day at calabogie, the way to go is:
www.pro6cycle.com, sign up soon it's gonna fill up fast, I didn't saw that post about a 2009 track day on on ott-motorcycles, if so can you send me the thread link in pm?, are you sure it wasn't for 2008 ? :p thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
vipola - ahhhh you got me. Damn I was getting excited for nothing. sorry. So what do you benefit by going through pro cycle 6? I read through the site quickly but... I know an instructor will lead you and you are in 3 different groups. Do they teach at all or?

A couple trips you guys might be interested in tagging along on.

Sugar Bush Run - http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/index.php?topic=43436.0

And this is one I was trying to plan out and see if anyone is interested... PM me if you are and I will try and keep a list of people. Its in the planning stages for early May, on a weekend more then likely.

http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/index.php?topic=43657.0

·
Registered
626 Posts
vipola - ahhhh you got me. Damn I was getting excited for nothing. sorry. So what do you benefit by going through pro cycle 6? I read through the site quickly but... I know an instructor will lead you and you are in 3 different groups. Do they teach at all or?
The benefit of going through pro6? they are the only one organising public track day at Calabogie :p

"Pro 6 Cycle is pleased to announce the inking of a 3-year contract to be the exclusive motorcycle trackday provider at Calabogie Motorsports Park."

An instructor will lead in the First group (green) so peoples get a little idea where to be on the track. They don't teach you, but I'm sure if you walk around and ask tips to everyone they will be glade of helping others.

If you want some teacher, pro6cycle has a partnership with Turn2, they offer a day of teaching priore their track day week-end, usually the saturday, followed by track day on sunday and monday.

An other nice place to get some teaching day is at FAST at Shannonville, I did that course last year and I will do another one this year, they are great.

Whatever you do, do it quick before they get filled up :)

I subscribed to 12 track day at Calabogie this summer, every week-end except July, so let me know if your planning of beeing there :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
In Ottawa too.

Nice bike laflsyl10

·
Registered
31 Posts
The benefit of going through pro6? they are the only one organising public track day at Calabogie :p

I subscribed to 12 track day at Calabogie this summer, every week-end except July, so let me know if your planning of beeing there :)

Ohh I didnt read that they were the ONLY people to do that. I thought Calabogie had open days now and then where anyone can show up, pay, pass tech inspection and go. But I never looked into it enough I guess. I wanted to get my car there more so then my bike actually lol.

I will let ya know, so you reserved 12 track days? And assuming they were all at Calabogie, you dropped like 215$ for each day in advance?

I might sign up for a day to get some pointers. Do you remember the costs of the day?

·
Registered
31 Posts
In Ottawa too.

Nice bike laflsyl10
Speakin of bikes, I want to see a closer pic of yours. Looks like a cool vinyl job. Im lookin for ideas. I got a Kawi, Like a Dark Navy Blue / Brighter Blue 2 tone, and everything out there for Kawi is Green. lol. (and yes its the stock colors/vinyl)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats my track bodywork. Street is all black. I can put up a few pics later. Dont think i can do it from my PS3.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts