Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first and second standup wheelies Sunday afternoon. Been riding sitdowns in first, second, and third no problem. Stoppies, no problem. Skiing no problem. First standup perfect. Second one not so good. When it came up, the tank hit me in the chest throwing me backwards and I could not get my foot on the brake fast enough. She came out from under me and fell on her side at about 60mph. Asphalt ate through my left glove and of course my hand too. First thing to hit the ground was my left knee, then I hit the chin of my helmet which tore off my shield and flipped me over a couple of times. Not a very graceful landing but I came out alot better than my bike. Broke off my tail section and light, broke my carbon fiber can, left rearset ripped off, bar end scratched up, and stator cover split. Thank God for leather jackets and helmets. If only I had on some good pants(not blue jeans). Good thing is I will be back riding in about a week. Bad thing is it will probably be a while b/4 I get the nerve back to try a standup.[B)]:(

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in second. I just did not get off the gas fast enough. I clutched it up. For some reason it seems like the bike comes up faster when I am standing. I was +2 in rear and if it wasn't coming up fast enough my dumba$$ went -1 on front yesterday. Don't worry, I won't be trying any standups for a while. But, I guarantee you I will try it again. Just b/c someone told me I wouldn't. PEER PRESSURE IS A BITCH!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.