Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's time for me to finally replace these things.

I absolutely love the tires, they are awesome and they have great life. But man it's a pain in the butt getting them.

Has anyone tried switching to a more common 120/70 series tire?

Would you buy these tires again, just trying to get a general feel. For the price I would pay for these 019s I could go get a set of Renn Sports or pilot RAce h2s

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
019's? Mine came with 012's off the showroom. I just replaced them with a set of Dunlop 208's, much more racier tire. It sticks a lot better than the OEM tires.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Silent, I recommend you try a search of the topic of front aspect ratio, try "120/65" or "120/70"... because there's been LOTS of discussion of the benefits and drawbacks of each on this forum.

And Rob's right, the OEM tires are a 019 front and 012 rear.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I stand corrected. I just looked at my old tires and your right. I still like the Dunlop's a little better. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have to admit, i was too lazy to search, but thanx,

btw anyone change to metzler sportec m-1 for street riding?

·
Registered
207 Posts
when it came time to change my BT012, i downgraded a little and picked up a dunlop 207 but I love it. The dealer said it has longer tread life too, but I won't know for another couple months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my friends 636 came with an 012 inthe rear and an o17f in the front.Ive been using 012ss on my zx9 but im gonna try the d208 dunlops next.I like the 012 tires but have heard alot of good about the dunlops.What do u guys think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.