Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can you believe that? Someone stole my gas tank bolt. I Didn't forget to replace it, It was there 2 days ago, and those thing don't just fall off.

/Rant over.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
That sucks. Someone stole my right side bar end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get real, who would steal your bolt. I just happen to have the socket in my pocket and see a zx-6. I would take your whole bike before your bolt. Thats my 2 sense...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Yeah, i don't think they were just after the bolt. But, that IS all they got and it sucks. Be glad you still have your bike.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by OhBriansZX6R
those thing don't just fall off.
Actually, yes they do... which is what I would place my money on having happened, seeing as how you say you removed/replaced it just a few days ago (oh and also because that scenario is a lot less asinine then someone stealing it). Gotta get the right torque on them bolts whenever you remove them.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
maybe it just rattled off, that is why i would go with, i've seen it before.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't just remove it. I was talking to some goldwing guy about GPS mounts and he pointed to my bolt (he didn't take it). So i know it was there.
Maybe someone was trying to take my tank. But good luck getting the seat off to get the other bolt under it without the keys.

I am convinced that someone took it.

I guess there is a possibility it rattled off but I just though that was very unlikely to unscrew that much and then fall off. Just thought I would share the weirdness

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you considered this, that they may have been trying to take the tank so they can get a copy of your key. Just a FYI. They may have taken the entire tank and had a key made from the gas cap.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by Buckwild
Have you considered this, that they may have been trying to take the tank so they can get a copy of your key. Just a FYI. They may have taken the entire tank and had a key made from the gas cap.
They would have had to take a key to begin with, take the seat off, and unscrew the remaining tank bolts. Then, take the tank to the CIA or something, (cause the last time I saw someone make a key from a key hole, was on "Alias") and bring your proof of identity and registration with you.

Of course don't forget to put the tank back on the bike and steal it.

At least that's how I do it.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i know of a couple dudes that lost their bolt and had never been taken out. on 636's also. but it was prolly the mob. j/k

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
The were after your tank, not the bolt. Something interrupted them. I'd put a security bolt in there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.