Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a '98 in for my '03 636... trust me on this one... you won't miss the old bike at ALL. [:p]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got mine for 8100 out the door at willows motorsports in chesire connecticut.

Her name is Naomi...thats i moan backwards

2003 black 6R "smeagle"

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good price, but I still dont pay more than MSRP out the door. Period.

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
530 Posts
Eltorito, when you say you don't pay over MSRP out the door, do you mean including the sales tax? Where do you live? What is the sales tax in your state? Info such as these will help everyone get a better comparison and a better price.

(FYI, in California, "out the door" includes the sales tax and registration. For residents of Los Angeles county, sales tax = 8.25%. Registration was $142 in my case for an 03 6R. If you got an 03 6R in California for MSRP or less otd, congrats!)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, so everyone understands what I mean, let me explain what "Out the Door" means to me. It means, the amount of money you have spent or went into debt after purchasing a bike and you leave the store while riding your new biatch. So yes, OTD price includes EVERYTHING. I live in MD and state tax is 7%. If you were to add the taxes and tags/title charges and then substract that from MSRP, the amount you are left with is still above dealers invoice. Which means that they are still making a good profit. The "S" in MSRP stands for "Suggested". It does not mean it is written in stone. About the only bike you have to pay MSRP for is a Custom one of a kind bike made to your liking. Everything else is negotiable. Last time I checked you dont have to be placed on a waiting list to buy a japanese sport bike, so supply is higher than demand. Dont walk into a dealer and expect to walk out with a brand new bike for $3000. But I tell you this much, I can buy a bike in any state for MSRP and 20% off of a helmet of my choice. All you have to do is leave your emotions and deires at home when you go buy. Be willing to walk out as many times as necessary. Call all bike dealers withing 100 mile radius and get them to earn the money you work so hard for. If it takes a week, so be it.
Off my soapbox!:D

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for the info, Eltorito. Just to clarify, I've seen some posts from riders in states where the buyer pays the sales tax after taking the bike from the dealer. Some people from those states define out the door as not including sales tax.

Also, you are right about being ready to walk out the door. The first quote the dealer gave me was $9200. I walked out and they called me back to match the best price I was aware of. Unfortunately, at that time, the best price I was aware of in SoCal was $8400 otd. (If I weren't really eager, I probably could have gotten it lower.)

Anyway, how much do you think is a good price for a 4 yr extended warranty (5 yrs total)?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The warranty is worth no more than around 400 bucks. If you are going with the extra warranty, offer the 8200, but try to get some gear out of it. They can hook you up if they want to.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for the info on the warranty, Shadee.

BTW, the reason I want the warranty is bec: 1) I'm not very good at fixing my bike; 2) it will be easier to sell the bike (the warranty is transferable)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I traded my '01 6R in and got the '03 636 for $8,000.00 OTD included tax, title, registration, and switched plates.:)

Myself and 2 friends, bought 3 new bikes (636,CBR600RR,Gixxer 750) from one dealer in February. I was satisfied with $1000.00 off of MSRP sticker, and threw in flush mounts on the front and got rid of my fender for me before I picked it up, included in the whole deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
is 8,200$ a decent out of the door price for the 2003 636? I really want one and am considering trading my 98 zx6r in for it. Im going to miss the 98 so much and am considering keeping it but having 2 600cc super sports would just be stupid. What did you guys pay for it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Myself and 2 friends, bought 3 new bikes (636,CBR600RR,Gixxer 750) from one dealer in February.

How did you buy a CBR RR? They have not been released to dealerships yet and its now april. Some say it was a factory hold/recall. Honda told me they had a problem getting the bike to the line on time to get them out to the dealers in prime season.

Alex C
03 ZX-6 RR
Northern Va
Go Team Green!
Local Washington DC Area Riding and Social Gatherings Go here -->www.dcsportbikes.net

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ah ok. They let you pay for it entirely already? Or did you just put a down payment?
Have you had a chance to sit on that bike yet? I sat on a black one at the bike show here in DC. Its a pretty kewl bike, but it didn't do much for me. That swingarm is HYOOGE! I wasn't impressed admittadly b/c i love my kaw RR. Good luck!

Alex C
03 ZX-6 RR
Northern Va
Go Team Green!
Local Washington DC Area Riding and Social Gatherings Go here -->www.dcsportbikes.net

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Friends and I all put a $500.00 deposit on the bikes of our choice after we hammered the salesperson on a good price for 3 new bikes. He was reluctant on the prices on the 2 top 2003 600's as myself getting the 636 and my friend's girlfriend getting the CBR600RR.
I got to make my mind up on the fit of the CBR600RR and the 636 at the NYC bike show in January. I sat on both and made my final decision on the 636. Then my next choice was color. I settled on the red as I was torn between the red and blue. My friend's girlfriend was torn between the new R6 or the CBR600RR. She made her mind up at the show on the CBR600RR.

·
Registered
130 Posts
THAT IS A GOOD PRICE I PAID 8350 FOR MY 02 LAST YEAR

ASS,GRASS,OR GAS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE! THE TANK IS FULL AND I DONT SMOKE SO FIGURE IT OUT

·
Registered
85 Posts
I heard from a reliable source that the reason that Honda do not yet have the CBR600RR as that there is a crankcase problem and all of the bikes are having to be reworked in the US prior to shipment to dealers. Even if I wanted a CBR (which I didn't) I would be reluctant to buy a bike that had had a major rework outside of the factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid the $9200.00 OTD, but got the 4 Yr warrantee, and 3 years ADDITIONAL (as in over my current policy) theft insurence (If the bike is stollen my insurence pays off then this policy gives me $5K), I live in in a HI theft zone coincidentily in Hi Hawaii.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I paid $9500 :( for mine, the sales guy realy got me he first told me $7895 then when I got ready to sign the papers all of a sudden all this other b.s. was added in. I love my bike though!! mega power!!:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.