Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here in Norht Dakota can't really ride the Kawi any more so i got a list of projects lined up for the winter:

1. New paint same green but wiht a white pearl over the top of it and the black lawer fairing and side plastic of the front fender will be green as well as a rear hugger.

2. PCIII

3. Custom exhaust hot bodie style but wiht a muffler hidden in the plastic and the bottom of the bike in place of the cat.

4. polished lips on wheels.

5. Clean air, and jumper mod

6. what ever else I think of because i come up with something new every day

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also in North Dakota, Im in Fargo for school now but I will be doing the kleen air mod and hopefully a new steering damper. I am also going to do my 7500 mi service and do a lot of cleaning.

That exhaust project sounds pretty interesting. Are you going to go for somthing like the buells exhaust?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by ND ZX-6R
Well here in Norht Dakota can't really ride the Kawi any more so i got a list of projects lined up for the winter:

1. New paint same green but wiht a white pearl over the top of it and the black lawer fairing and side plastic of the front fender will be green as well as a rear hugger.

2. PCIII

3. Custom exhaust hot bodie style but wiht a muffler hidden in the plastic and the bottom of the bike in place of the cat.

4. polished lips on wheels.

5. Clean air, and jumper mod

6. what ever else I think of because i come up with something new every day

If you need the block off plates for the clean air mod I have a brand new set of Kyle Racing plates for sale. They are $23 shipped. If you want a picture just let me know.

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70720&whichpage=2

·
Registered
443 Posts
i've been hearing that it has to be sunny and hot to polish the lips easily. dunno, maybe someone else knows better.

you are definitely going to have to post pics of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
you may want to read the horror stories of the hot body exhast before you do it to your bike. it burns up ecu,platics and alarms and also mad loud and no major hp gain and also cost a shit load of money

·
Registered
520 Posts
I didnt see that or I would have also mentioned Hot Bodies is pure tail melting bullshit. Do not, I repeat do not use their exhaust system. You could make a better system out of tin-foil. They might work for other applications but all I have ever seen is horror stories and that usually involes fire extinguishers.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
North Dakota here also....and what do you mean you can't ride it anymore this season? It's gonna be close to 50 this weekend...LOL, I'm riding. Also he said "hotbodies style", sounds like he is making his own exhaust with muffler under the bike in place of the cat., or atleast thats what I got from his post......you guys gotta learn to read and understand North Dakotan....LOL Some day you will all want to skip the Gap and come to North Dakota and ride our straight and flat roads...ok maybe not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wont be putting mine away, but I dont get back to Dickinson much and when there is snow on the ground I will be doing the projects to pass the time.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by ND ZX-6R

I'd be careful with heat issues (see above posts). Having a muffler inbetween won't resolve that. At that rate you might as well save more weight and go with Breath/Bozbros/Buell style, slash cut pipes exiting by the rear wheel. Bottom fairing will require some grinding though...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know its not totally the end of the season and right now i still ride my bike but the exhaust is gonna be the same concept as the hot bodies but my own style muffler in place of the cat and then probably just out to one single pipe that pops out under the tail wiht my own undertail cover to allow the heat to ecscape but if it doesn't work i really didn't lose the 700 or what ever its cost like the brand name one and i don't like the way it looks with a slash tip or nething but i am hoping the exhaust turns out good i already have all the pipes and baffling ready just need to either buy anohter stock header and cat or cut mine apart we will c what this weeks has in store

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o and with the lips of the wheels i am going to do those along wiht the body work in the shop so it will be plenty warm enuf to do those and i will throw on some pilot powers since i have the wheels off and hopefully some new rotors and a +2 sprocket in back and -1 in front

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.