Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am fixing to purchase a new 2006 ZX10R in green and the said after tax tag and title $10,000. Is this a good price, i figured i was good seeing how it MSRP's for $11,299. I owed 9000 on my ZZR600 I bought last year, so i had to bite the bullet on that one " I was impatient and couldnt wait " so i had 6 grand laying around in my savings and paid the bike down to 3000, they gave me 4500 for the bike because i have like 12,000 miles on it in one year. So after everything is said and done 10 grand.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think I may need CPR over here, send help...hurry please...I am beginning to see the light...

you got hosed, not on the new bike but on the old one. How did you still owe $9000 on a ZZR600 that retail for under $8000? What all extras did you finance on top of it when you bought it?

You are ok overall, but you had to liquidate your saving in order to but out the negative equity on the zzr. That is the only bad thing about the sale that I can see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
that's damn good price for a new 10r.

i picked up my black 10r for $9.8k OTD with 60mi on it.

Alot of Cali dealers are selling new 06 10r for $10.6k OTD

·
Registered
93 Posts
So that 10K OTD is including the $1,500 from your old bike? That means you are getting the ZX-10 for $11,500 OTD. That isn't a very good deal, considering what you can find right now. You can find them for $10,600 OTD around here.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I paid 9800 OTD for mine. I see you live in Lakeland, FL also. I hope you arent buying from Fun Bike Center, they'll rip you a new one with extra charges. They overcharged me big time on my 06 636, and when it got stolen, it took them over 2 weeks to sign the cancellation from for my extended warranty, which delayed my gap insurance payoff by a whole month. They suck in other words :) Sky Powersports in Lake Wales or Barney's in Brandon would probably be a better bet. Anyways, hit me up when you get the bike if you wanna ride sometime.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i kinda have no choice with Fun Bike. My buddy is the manager so they are waiving alot of fees. The last time i went there i didnt know him thats why i paid 9,999 for the damn ZZR. Granted I got hosed the first time but im better of with this bike. 1 I will finally be happy, cause i have fuel injection. 2 I have a baby on the way so this is really my last big purchase for a while. So i have to do it now, i went to Sky and Barneys and they would only give me 3800 for my bike because I have over 12,000 miles on it. So all in all im getting a way better deal on this bike than the old one. Next time i wont get so excited. And look before i sign.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Originally posted by insaneilluzion
Alright I am fixing to purchase a new 2006 ZX10R in green and the said after tax tag and title $10,000. Is this a good price, i figured i was good seeing how it MSRP's for $11,299. I owed 9000 on my ZZR600 I bought last year, so i had to bite the bullet on that one " I was impatient and couldnt wait " so i had 6 grand laying around in my savings and paid the bike down to 3000, they gave me 4500 for the bike because i have like 12,000 miles on it in one year. So after everything is said and done 10 grand.
Whoa dude...u had your bike not long after me and you still owed $9K? When i traded my 05 ZZR i had a $6500 pay off left over after one year and i got rid of it in January. They gave me also $4500 for it which sucked but i couldn't find anyone to buy it even thou it was done up nice. Plus it had 12-14k miles on it. They hosed your royally on the ZZR. I think OTD i paid just over $9K. FunBikeCenter can rip you off...i learned that from me and my brother that paid almost $12k for a 06 636. I was like...dude you could have bought a damn ZX10! $10K OTD is good without having to put any money towards it. If your having to put the extra money in it from your trade...get the bike somewhere else. Hell I'll sell you my 06 GSX-R1000 for $11K ;) if you want to throw money away.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just spent 13k OTD for my new 10, dont know where you guys are finding all these great deals but its not in south florida!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Depot Power Center in Georgia is where i got mine. Great dealer. I just happened to be up there on vacation at the time, and was looking for a used bike to replace my stolen 636 and the guy told me he'd give me the 10 for 9800 OTD so i couldnt resist.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got my 10R from House of Power in Melbourne, Fla. for 10k OTD. With a TwoBros exhaust and first oil change!! Just need to know how to do the ol' haggle game!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know what you guys mean, it just sucks i got such a shitty deal before. First time buying a bike you know what i mean, you get all excited and are like fuck it. But you live and learn, I can live with 10K on the 10R cause i will actually be happy with it and like i said there the only ones that will offer me 4500 for the bike, and on another possitive note the car is paid of so i can now drop more than 100 dollars a month on the bike you know.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can get an 06 10r for a little over 10k otd, so basically you are puttin 1500 down and payin the same. I think you should be able to do better. Seems alot of dealers will sell at cost now that the 07s will be coming out soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah 11,500 OTD isn't very good. Your 10k OTD is WITH your $1,500 right?? I just looked in the auto trader tonight and the 06's have dropped to $9,999 OTD. If they drop any more, I'll have to buy one lol! If you could get it for 10k OTD and then put your $1,500 on top of that, that would be only $8,500 financed. That would save you ALOT of money....I'd keep looking/bartering.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You should check with Moke over at Motorsports of Tampa. I know that they have a few 10s that have been on the floor for months and that they should bewilling to deal. They also gave me a pretty good deal on my last trade in.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will def have to check that out. I need to get a ad showing the bikes for 9999 so i can take it to them because they told me they would match it. SunState Fun Sports had an ad for 8999 but it had a stock number so it didnt count.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found an ad before for Action Kawasaki in Bradenton for 9999. It was on the cycletrader.com website. Good luck and if I see anything I will post it here for you.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will check cycletrader right now actually, I called up Motorsports and they said 9560 out the door, then Fun Bike countered with 9600 out the door with a seat cowl and dark smoke screen and they will take the balance of my exteneded warranty and put it toward the bike. So hopefully i can get it for cheaper we will see lol i love haggling its great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought the dealers were supposed to include the seat cowl with the bike. I thought it is supposed to come with it...no?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.