Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 kawasaki zx6r(636)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm from south Africa. I own a 2006 zx6r. I'm having some issues with the heating. I'm not quiet sure if what is happening is correct or not but when I start the bike, all is good and well, the temperature rises like normal, while the bike is idling for some while, the temperature goes right up to around 115 and 118degrees.the fan kicks in at 110degrees(not sure if this is correct or if the fan suppose to kick in at a lower temperature. Once the fan fan kicks in the temperature will drop from 115/118 degrees to 110degrees and fan goes of only at 109degrees. I haven't rode the bike, so I'm not sure if temperature only rises and stays high when idling

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine comes on about 103degrees celcius, n drops it back to about 95degrees celcius. (Sorry dont know what units u measure temp in over there.. do u know roughly how long its been since you done a coolant flush and how long the fan runs for? It should be around 25seconds

·
Registered
2006 kawasaki zx6r(636)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine comes on about 103degrees celcius, n drops it back to about 95degrees celcius. (Sorry dont know what units u measure temp in over there.. do u know roughly how long its been since you done a coolant flush and how long the fan runs for? It should be around 25seconds
My fan comes on at 110degrees. We measure degrees and not farient. My fan will run until the temp goes under 110degrees.so basically only once the temp drops under 110degrees then the fan switch off. I did a coolant flush last week

1 - 3 of 3 Posts