Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Can some one with an owners manual or something like that tell me the overall travel length for my suspension, both front and rear please.

I have just seen Keeth Code´s suspension guide (adjusting the sag) and i need the full travel length of both front and rear to calculate my best sag position according to 32 percent of the full travel length.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Front wheel travel: 120mm (4.7in)
Rear wheel travel: 135mm(5.3in)

I may not have read the book (which I hear is good) but 32% of either figure seems a bit high to me. I've heard 25-30mm is a good baseline for rear sag, but 32% would be 43mm, quite a difference.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the video he says they adjust a bike 20-30% if it is for the track and 30-35 for street purpose... -> I go 30-32%.

It seems high to me too, but it is what he says?

In the video they adjust a trackbike 30mm as a demo. But i dont know the total length for that particular bike so I can´t even re-calculate the sag percentage :S

·
Registered
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say 20-30% for sportsbikes and 30-35 for streetbikes.
If I calculate 25% i get 30mm front sag and 34mm rear sag. I think thats what I´m going for... :)

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
thats what i currently have. 31mm front 34mm rear i just did my suspension over the weekend at another kf'ers. my rear initially was at 60mm....:mad:

i spent the last 3500 miles on that...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sag is a subjective number used as a starting point and as a way to figure out if the springs are too stiff or too soft for you. Don't get fixated on percentages or numbers.

Depending on the setup and the rider, anywhere from 30-40mm usually works in the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts