Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so here is the deal. I have an 03 636 that i love, and i decieded that instead of buying a new bike i will put some money into it. I need some recomendations on the following parts, as far as which brands, and the best place to buy them.

Stainless brake lines
Brake pads
spark plugs
chain
levers (are the worth the big bucks?)
velocity stacks
pc3
any other things i am missing

thanks for the help
joe

·
Registered
320 Posts
send your suspension off. I would do that first. Fork springs minimum, revalve if you can. Buy a rear shock because the stock one isn't rebuildable or just not worth it (that comes from what I've read). Just a suggestion for ya. Good luck with the overhaul.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Spark plugs = NGK IX Iridiums , a guy on ebay sells them new for $8 each. Retail is $12 each.

Stainless Brake Lines.. hmm try TFOGracer on eBay - email him and ask him for a nice price on a set of new Stainless Steel brake lines. He's a cool guy. Same on the brake pads - for the street I'd go with EBC-HH Sintered pads - TFOGracer has those also for around $55 delivered for the front sets. Tell Him AllSportCycles sent you.

Chain, i'd go to a 520 RK or DID set with new sprockets.. change sprockets to new ones when changing the chain out. Try SumOfAllParts on ebay for deals on new RK chain/sprocket kits. Get X or W ring type chain if you can.

The other items.. i'm sure somebody else will know where to get them. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
OK if you are talking about modding you ahve your man right here..
What is your priority for this bike, thats the biggest thing you have to ask yourself...couple options..
1.RoadRace set-up.
Stainless front brakelines- Hit up [email protected] $65-75.00-
(galfer/goodridge/russel/hel) all good to go

Revalve and spring your forks with new fluid-budget depending-$400-1100.00.....(Traxxion,Gp tech,race tech)

New Rear shock for your weight--check on ebay for a good used one 450-New $900

steering damper-$200-400 check out Ebay as well...
(hyper-pro,scotts,GPR,Ohlins)

Exhaust-used from many companies...if your looking right now let me know i know of some top notch ones for sale..
But ARATA,Ti-force,Sato,Akrapovic, all good unit, skip the two brothers & D&D

Powercommander to get you all dialed in---$250-300 check on ebay

New chain and sprocket set 520 size, RK or DID is good with afam sprockets--check out ebay for [email protected] $130-160

If you want some 2005/06 cams i may be be able to accomadate you in the near future...

1st thing is get the suspension tuned up and dialed in, that is what makes a great bike.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, a lot... i already have my suspension done, i have a full exhaust, and a scotts damper. should have stated that in the post. are there supposed to be a big diff in the 2005/06 cams?
thanks, joe

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
from what i have read the 05/06 cams are the equivalant of the race cams for the 03/04 bikes...

dont bet your life on that one though, try advanced kawasaki they can tell you

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yeah but wait a minute.. were talking a 2003? DO you really need a new rear shock? Do you even really need any form of over haul? Perhaps a few upgrade mods... but an overhaul?? Unless to you overhaul means change a few things upgrade a few things then ok.. But a general engin overhaul??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.