Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I started having overheating problems with my bike. I've had it for a couple weeks now and put over 1000 miles on it with no problem. I never had a problem with the bike overheating. Normally, it would stay at 3 bars, and every once in a while it would get to 4 if i sat in traffic. I was actually wondering if my fan worked because I had never heard it turn on. Well, now I'm getting up to five bars and the coolant overflow is spewing antifreeze out the hose onto my back wheel when I sit in traffic. This all started as soon as I changed my oil. I put in mobil one 15-50. My friend thinks that is the problem and that I should use genuine kawasaki oil. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It's not the oil. Lots of us use the Mobil 1 15w50 with no problems.

I may be overheating or maybe not. The fan should be coming on. Make sure the radiator cap in on correctly. If you overfill the coolant tank it will overflow when it gets on the hot side. Do you know what temp your bike is getting to?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Regardless of why it is getting hot...the fan should come on before it spews out the overflow. Is your overflow level to high? If not, then I would say that your fan isn't coming on for some reason. They fan switch isn't working, a wire is disconnected, a fuse is blow, or the motor is burned up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.