Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencin any overheating problems and /or have a cure?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get the same problem with my 08 kx 450 when im riding on trails. It stay alot cooler when im riding tracks and i keep it wined out

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was asked by someone about the overheating; I can't even remember who asked me;) Getting old I guess?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trail riding can be pretty brutal on these bikes. They have no fan to force air through the radiator. I've seen a lot of bikes start to boil out the caps on trail rides. Best thing you can do is always try to stay moving, once it happens though just let it sit and cool off. You could run engine ice radiator fluid in the bike for a better cooling coolant. I'm not sure if after market water pumps would improve cooling performance too?

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
Trail riding can be pretty brutal on these bikes. They have no fan to force air through the radiator. I've seen a lot of bikes start to boil out the caps on trail rides. Best thing you can do is always try to stay moving, once it happens though just let it sit and cool off. You could run engine ice radiator fluid in the bike for a better cooling coolant. I'm not sure if after market water pumps would improve cooling performance too?
no fan? wth...
even my old ass quad has a fan

·
Registered
14 Posts
of course your old ass qaud has fan they go to slow get any air movement ha j/k ,, i put a 1.6 kx 500 rad cap on mine and cured the boiling over problem when riding in the mountains. other wise engine ice is just b/s in a bottle as far as i am concerned. i have no problems now with high psi cap:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
powerback klx450 kit

has any one heard of or used the PowerBack Kawasaki KLX 450R kit? this supposedly gives it more power and better gas mileage , that is a nice bonus that i would not mind but i noticed the first thing it says it does it control overheating and it seems every one with the klx has the overheating problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
KLX-450r overheating

I live in Honduras, Central America, with temperatures from 30 to 40 centigrade.
Overheating in my KLX-450r has been reduced considerably since I removed the exhaust system and changed to a 52 rear sproket, instead of the 50 rear sproket that came with the bike.
I hope this helps anyone...

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Honduras, Central America, with temperatures from 30 to 40 centigrade.
Overheating in my KLX-450r has been reduced considerably since I removed the exhaust system and changed to a 52 rear sproket, instead of the 50 rear sproket that came with the bike.
I hope this helps anyone...
Probably try a combination of the higher pressure radiator cap (raises the boiling point), a freer flowing exhaust (keep less heat from building due to back pressure), Redline Water wetter or Motul MoCool. (I didn't notice any difference with Engine Ice either. The sprocket probably helped because the engine revs a little faster to circulate the coolant quicker I'm assuming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts