Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put on a used radiator on my '01 zx6r. what running temp should the engine be at? it was showing as overheating at 248 and the light was on. it was around that area for the time i had it on. im guessing it was so hot because when i cranked it up it was idling very high. (could it be because i left the fuel tap assembly on and not off) what temp does all of yall's bike run at when cruisng or driving? is it common for a very high idling( about 3500 to 5000)due to the fuel tap assembly being left on over a few days? its my first bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When cruising, mine runs at around 69 oC. In town it can get up to 105 oC which is when the fan kicks in. The red light would come on at 115 oC and the LED changes to read "HI". At this point the bike should be switched off and allowed to cool down.

My bike idles at 1500 rpm which I believe is normal. 3000-5000 is exceptionally high.

Silver/Black ZX6-R (2000 J1)

"Come on you R's!"

(That's 'Queens Park Rangers', an English football (soccer) club!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
my bike runs between 170-220 most of the time. 170-180 when driving at normal speeds, 200-220 when stopped in traffic for a while. I think the fan kicks in at about 215...and rpms are also around 1500 when idle.
Hope that helps
Benjamin

·
Registered
22 Posts
highway at night 154-172. Highway day 173-200. Cruisin on the streets 201-234. My fan kicks on at exactly 223....

Bri

A wise man once said worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, it gives ya something to do, but doesn't soplve the problem!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how long do you let choke wide open? is it normal for it to high idle(about 3000-5000) when you start to close it a little? it does settle though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.