Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came w/ no owners manual, where can I get one w/out goin thru Kawi? Its a 2006 636, thx...better yet is there a website to download a owners manual...ive already got the service manual and ive scoured ebay already no joy, thx again.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
why do you need the owners manual if you have a service manual?? i dont think ive ever looked in my owners manual. in fact its never been out of the bag.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah demand it from the dealer! If they refuse, call Kawasaki and tell them the dealer didnt give you an owners manual for a new bike you just bought. My friend had a Suzuki that didnt come with the book. He called Suzuki, they called the dealer, and in a week they had his book. They said it was a big safety issue not to have the book.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If it is new it should of have came with it, if it is used then that is a differnt story.

And as for the electronic copy of the owners manual I really can not see the big issue. That is not anything proprietary compaired to the actual service manual people ask for.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyws6
If it is new it should of have came with it, if it is used then that is a differnt story.

And as for the electronic copy of the owners manual I really can not see the big issue. That is not anything proprietary compaired to the actual service manual people ask for.
Kawi charges for it, so we can't allow it to be given away. Even if it was free from Kawi, unless they said it was OK, we wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Green Envy then that would make us selling a part stealing from them when you sell used parts. You can buy them from Kawasaki right.

I am not busting on you and I really do see the service manual side if Kawasaki has ever said anything to the site admin about people selling them, but a owners manual is a Dept of Public safety requirement from the manufacture, at least here in the US it is. I just dont see the validity of not getting it to him.

but it is a moot point, as I am sure no one even has a electronic one, I mean think about this. Most throw them away anyways. I always keep mine to put the service records in them. My buddies used 05 636 didnt come with one nor the extra key.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I can't see why it's not allowed to copy the one provided with the bike. [B)] I think we're mixing up the maintance books with the one provided when buying a new bike. On the other hand, if you *can* still buy it. You should just buy it. (see below) And in the case of the topic starter, go to your dealer and get it! :( It's part on the bike! You don't pay for the shitty tools under de passenger seat also!? ;)

Originally posted by GreenEnvy

Kawi charges for it, so we can't allow it to be given away. Even if it was free from Kawi, unless they said it was OK, we wouldn't allow it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.