Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People with the 2006 matte blue: How do you clean your bike? I just use dish soap with a soft brush and seems to work good. Has anyone have any success with any other cleaners? Also, is there an easy way to dry the bike? I heard a leaf blower does the trick.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i usually dont clean it, thats one of the reasons i love the blue, it looks great even when its dirty. i have a couple friends who just have to have their bike gleaming at all times, which is fine, but i would rather be riding than cleaning, so i just wait till they get fed up and wash it for me, or till the ladies are bored hangin out w/ my old lady in their bikinis gettin some sun, i tell them they can wash the bike if they want to [^]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I can go pretty long without washing her but sometimes I get caught up in rain and gets all dirty. Then it only takes a 3 minute wash before she looks clean again. That is why I’m digging the matte finish.

·
Banned
495 Posts
I had a 06 blue 636 couple months ago. I cleaned it with either PLEXUS or Meguairs Quick Detailer. Looked amazing

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
DP Waterless Wash
S100 Wheel Cleaner
Cobra Micofiber Towel
S100 Carnauba Wax

On the wheels I use the Jet setting on my hose. The rest of the bike gets a mist (if anything) before using the waterless wash stuff. Then wax.

To dry (if I use water), I ride around a bit to help dry. I always end with chain lube so I usually clean, ride then lube. Back when I had a bike, I would do this basically every weekend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just use soap and water then dry it off....if u use wax its just gonna turn shinny...my friend did that to his....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Meguairs Quick Detailer with a micro fiber cloth about once a week cause it only takes 5 min. but if i've neglected for a while or if it's been raining (i don't own a car anymore...why you ask, just read my name;)), i'll carefully spray her down and use some mild detergent.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good car wash liquid and a sponge and then meg cleaner wax, i get a good 3-5 days of hard riding without washing, and the wax keeps the bugs off mostly!!

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I have a matte blue one, I use windex and a few paper towels. It hasn't degraded the finish. I don't like hosing my bike down with water, I'm worried something will get messed up! I don't wax it.

strat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is a '06 satin blue finish.
I ride to work everyday and my bike is parked outside. I towel off the dew every morning and never have to wash it.
Chain rusts from time to time though...[xx(]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.