Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Hollywood Bikenight last night and I saw a paintjob that I really like on an 05/06 636. I havent seen this scheme in many places, and as I have been planning on repainting my 636 I want to find out more about this paint.

It looks just like the stock blue, maybe a little darker, and it has this velvety/flat look to it. It isnt glossy at all. Is that a paint that you can buy the 636 new with? or is that totally custom? Anyone know where a good place to look for a match would be?

·
Registered
634 Posts
When I wrecked my bike I had my paint done in the oem 05 titanium color but I had the same matte finish done on it as the 06 blue. Here is a picture of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
They can do the flat finish on every color... Its an adative to the clear coat that flattens out the paint....

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's an egg shell finish coat or some shit like that. Do a search we had this thread out on the flat matte finish a while ago.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That color is an '06 specific color. Candy Flat Raw Plasma Blue. I have an '05 Candy Plasma Blue and a couple weeks ago a girl on an '06 wanted to know why my bike was so much shinier then hers. So I explained it to her. [:p]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by RubberDown
I was at the Hollywood Bikenight last night and I saw a paintjob that I really like on an 05/06 636. I havent seen this scheme in many places, and as I have been planning on repainting my 636 I want to find out more about this paint.

It looks just like the stock blue, maybe a little darker, and it has this velvety/flat look to it. It isnt glossy at all. Is that a paint that you can buy the 636 new with? or is that totally custom? Anyone know where a good place to look for a match would be?
yaeh its a color for the '06. if you want next time just walk up and say hi. last time i saw only myself and one other guy had that color on the 06 zx6r. difference: i got blacked out rearsets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.