Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to paint my wheels bronze, or find a color that matches the forks/rotors as close as possible
I bought some dupli-color engine enamel universal gold DE1604
instead of the bronze by dupli-color because the bronze looked really dark, and now the gold looks too bright
has anyone used this color before and knows what it looks like when dried?
and if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know
thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my friends have done black and bronze and a weird blue on their car wheels and it's doing pretty good, as long as you put a few coats and clear it

·
Registered
443 Posts
SL: is that powdercoated or painted? if its powdercoated did you ask for a specific shade of gold? if so what's the name of that? that looks like a really nice match with the forks.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
powder coating is the best bet if you want longevity and quality work done....have had my RC51 wheels done for over 3 years now and they look like new Honda right off the showroom.

My extra set fo ZX wheels will be going in as well, just havent decided on the color, asi still dont have a finalized design for my new bodywork,,,

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think the gold would look great with the blue!

SL, looks great on the black as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by reintr0ducing
SL: is that powdercoated or painted? if its powdercoated did you ask for a specific shade of gold? if so what's the name of that? that looks like a really nice match with the forks.
Its a baked on paint. The painters could colour match it pretty well. It sounds like it is imposible to get the same finish as the forks with either paint or powdercoat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
that is exactly what I'm looking for.....that is a powder coat right? What exactly is the name of that color??? Very interested, that is sooooo sweet looking and would look great on my silver 636.

randy
Originally posted by SL
I went with gold for my 06. Goes with the brakes and a few other bits.

·
Registered
273 Posts
powder coated on my 03 636

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Don't screw around, go powdercoat, I did mine on my old 04 and the finish was picture perfect for years. The rim is sandblasted and then charged with positive and the paint is charged with negative, any overspray simply attracts back onto the rim, it's really sweet to watch. It's then baked in an oven and you get a perfect smooth glass finish that will last forever. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, TRUST ME!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
f891
where'd you get those rotors and how much were they
i'm going to probably paint now because of money issues
i'm still needing/trying to find full fairings and a headlight for my bike, i have cash for that but no one has any for sale
and later powdercoat
looks good guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.