Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the middle of my restoration project (91 zx7)and wanted to find out some opions among other Kawi owners on paint colors. My bike has the green paint with white, blue and pink decals.:D Now the green I can deal with but the other colors are not that good. I wanted to know if i was to paint the bike another color, would it take away from the whole concept of having a Kawi or would it give it a good change in appearance.Also, where do i buy paint for this bike. My brother in-law has a body shop and he said he will paint the plastics for me. I will be posting some pics soon.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The great thing about this, its your bike. I would go with a bit of an update on the colors. A body shop should have the paint codes for the various years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I say paint it however you want. The only one who has to like it is you.

I'd find a pic of a 91 and have some photoshop fun to see how different paint combo's look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so after a week of thinking about color, I decided to get it painted Kawi Green. I'm going to paint the whole bike green and get the newer decals for it. I also am going to get started on polishing the wheels or painting them white. I'l be posting some pics soon, all the plastics (still need some front side plastics)and tank is off the bike getting ready for paint.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hey this is John.

Have you thought about black wheels....it looks cleaner that way...i would do mine black...but then nothing else would stay kawasaki colors on my bike...

Post some pics up....glad to see another 91-92 zx7/zx7r

BTW, have you found a better set of plastics for your bike yet? I still have mine if you are interested. Not the best looking, but will do the job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey John,

Ya I'm planning on coming up this week and picking them up. You know, i was thinking of black but I have a polished frame and dont know if it will look good. Do your fairings have the mounting brackets on them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This is what the bike looked like before I bought it. When I bought the bike it had no front fairings and It had a few other issues.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by Kawi7
Hey John,

Ya I'm planning on coming up this week and picking them up. You know, i was thinking of black but I have a polished frame and dont know if it will look good. Do your fairings have the mounting brackets on them?
Sorry the farings doesnt have the brackets. Im using them on my bike right now. Http://www.ronayers.com has them i think its like under $5 for one of them...

Ahh...didnt know you had a polished frame....i thought it was just the silver like mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, thanks to h20poloplyr I got started on the body work this week. I started the repairs on the cracked fairings and got them primed. There is a method I used to fix them using a heat gun and scrap plastic parts. I also, fixed and primed the other plastics and the tank. Allot of work, but if you want to save Money it pays to do it yourself. I will shoot the paint(magna red and dark blue) on Friday and finish assembly on Sat. I will post Pics soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.