Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Paint Scheme

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
theres so many diffrent directions u could go. they all can look great if done good. they all can look like shit if done wrong. matte black would be cool with gloss over it. im always a fan of blue and silver. gold and white would be my last choice

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thoughts on the blue n silver, is now were getting into other manurfactures colors. The gold n white I wasnt a fan of till i saw a 749 with that scheme and It looked slick...Damn choices. Black on Black is still my top choice as of 9:42 but who knows at 9:45. lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm going with gloss black and matte decals (maybe flames also). Painting the frame matte black too, stripping the blue off the wheels and powdercoating them black also.

·
Registered
274 Posts
in the last edition of two wheel tuner there are two old school gixxers that are flat black with white airbrush. it looks tight as hell. i asked my paint guy today and he said that you cant clearcoat over it and keep the flat look. and that if you dont clear coat it will get ashy and nasty. i was let down. i was really thinking about that scheme for my 7. now i'm stuck. the paint dude was trying to get me to go with a theme like one of the bikes he did "spiderman" screw that! i like my shiney black and chrome. i was thinking about doing the black with "ghost" racing theme, the scheme that the factory race bikes have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there, I paint and also build bikes and accessories for sports bikes,cars,trucks and other things. You can clear coat over a base coat but you have to add what is called flattener to it. This will provide protection and will still leave you with a satin finish. If you guys know of anyone looking for some custom parts for the zx14's zzr600's like chain guards, grips,under tails,billet mirrors, smooth side panels for the zx14 and much more, we make some things that are very different from the same old stuff you see everywhere. Torchtechinnovations.com is on the way if you need to reach me for anything just call and ask for Ian 316-708-3033 or email [email protected] I can email some pics if there is a part in particular you might be looking for. We cab build almost anything you can think of! one off parts are available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
your paint guy is a tard, they make flat clear coat to go with the flat black paint tell him to do his homework before he opens his mouth

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
All black with a few pinches of cameleon and silver flake in the clear.. I did my 06 10 that way it looks SWEET.
you're right, man...that is pretty sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts