Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on fixing up some spots on the left and right fairings of my 01 ZX-6R. I am the second owner and the original owner dropped it a few times leaving some good scrapes on both sides. I'm wondering if it's possible to find the right color to touch up these areas? (Royal Blue) I would probably needs to sand them down first before doing so. The alternative would be to replace them completely but this would probably be an expensive endeavor not particularly worth the cost.

The damage isn't terribly deep as he didn't actually wreck the bike, just apparently dropped it a a few times. I'll post some pics as soon as I can if necessary. I just thought I would ask incase someone else has done this before.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
You could get touch up paint but maybe just repaint the entire bike, unless you perticlularly love the color.
Ben

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
A little trick which might help depending how deep the scars are is to get some car body filler and some touch up paint (fair amount) mix the 2 up so it turns the filler blue then put that into the scratches to fill them out if they are like i say deeper than surface. When the filler is dry rub it down just below surface and then do the touch up again to fill it out to surface level (including feathering the surrounding areas (not too big) when its dry wet and dry it back a little more and then put some t-cut or similar cutting compound and buff it with the rest of the panel.

this should tie it into the rest of the panel and look as good as new. If you take your time anything is possible at little expense.

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.