Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice!!!

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Right on.

I think the 03's look great with a color matched hugger.

Do the 03's have a chain guard, or did you remove yours? I don't seem to recall from the showroom.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I removed mine when I first got the bike. I didn't like it. I thought it looked bulky, but I saw another pic on the forum with the guard painted as well. I might put it back on painted.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I saw a red 03 on here with the hugger + chaingaurd painted. My question would be if the paint will chip on that chaingaurd. The CG is thin plastic and can flex easily. Any one painted it before? How did it work out? I am going to have my hugger painted also and I wont take my chain gaurd off. But since the huugger connects to the chaingaurd it wont look that great, so i have a choice of having a silver beginning to the chain gaurd and then the rest of the chain gaurd black or paint both.

I like my bike fast... and my women even faster!

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is a good question. If it is baked good after being painted, it should hold up pretty well, but the chain guard will probably get a lot of vibration, because it is the most flimsy part on the bike, imo. I couldn't really tell which way to go. I think I will leave mine off, but I will keep it just in case.

·
Registered
671 Posts
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3711
I belive that was my bike you were talking about with the cg painted. I tried it with the guard off, and with it on in black, and liked it better painted. Besides it keeps the chain lube off the tailsection. The mud is bad enough under there with the fender off.

I used automotive paint and clear to spray it. I made several light passes so that it could cure inbetween coats. On Sunday, I went down in a ditch while on a ride. Partially my fault,so I have to live with it. Nothing bent, but the upper, and left lower have some cracks in it. The hugger and cg never chipped any paint, and I had done it the night before. I even landed on the left side. Also, my flush mounts are still working, but I bet the stockers wouldn't have.

So basically, yes the chain guard is flexable, but the paint still stuck, even in a crash. Hated to test it that way though. Still picking mud a grass from my fairings.

C-Ya.....Skiv
http://www.SportbikeLinks.net
'03 ZX6r
'91 ZX6d
http://www.geocities.com/skiv_here/6r.html

·
Registered
316 Posts
Darn, that is a shame to hear about your bike getting hurt already, but you are okay right? Another good note, is that the cg held up to some rough treatment and didn't seem to give in. Thanks for the info, and hope there isn't too much damage to your baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.