Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in having the hugger fender painted. I have gone to a local paint shop and they want the paint codes and way too much money. Does anyone have some insight how to do this? My 636 is the galaxy silver color. Are the paint codes from the manufacurer the same code as in Canada? Thanks for any help you can offer..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Body shop wanted $175.00 to paint only the rear hugger. I saw the color rite codes. I think they are a diffrent from the ones that they will need in Canada. At least thats what the dude said. I called the local kawi Dealership. They said they did not have access to proper paid codes. But, I think there must be something that can give them a better idea than just eyeing it. Dunno...AARRGG!!

Pink scooters rule!!:D

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Kawasaki does not publish their paint codes, which sucks when you want to do stuff like this.
many paint shops can scan in the paint and reproduce something almost identical, most people will never know the diference.

color-rite is the closest anyone gets to origional, unless your willing to pay someone for hours to sit and try and match the paint [8D]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If it's just the hugger, paint it yourself:D. Color-rite is your best bet. One can of paint and one can of clear and your in business. $175 is a little steep for me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup yup, that is way to expensive for such a small part. Do you think it will turn out ok if I paint it myself?

Thanks for all help....:D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you are definetly going to paint it, why not try it yourself? While everyone is not mechanically inclined to do certain things, it's hard to say what it's going to look like. If it doesn't look good when your done, you were going to take it and have it done anyway, right? Probably start with some 600 grit sandpaper then your on your way...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.