Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have two questions. :D

First, I have a '97 6R with purple rims and I would like to change the color. Does anyone have experience paingin their rims.

Second, I'm looking for a windscreen that will fit this bike. ZG doesn't seem to make a double bubble for this year. Any help locating a good aftermarket screen is appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
For the rims, boy racer got his powder coated, I'd suggest that over paint.

A couple paint shops have told me that due to the stresses on a motorcycle wheel, regular paint might crack? I don't know if thats true or not,but I do know powder coating is stronger, and around the same price.

LP V2 screens only seem to come in 98+ years, other then them and ZG, I dunno who else might make em.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I see on the ZG website they make a Double Bubble, a Super Sport, a SR (stock basically) and a Super Touring screen for the '95-97 ZX6R...

Part number for the double bubble screen is 16-242, then specify the color...

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/kawasaki_sptbks/kawisptbks.htm

I can't believe how many of my riding buddies are running the Double Bubble this year, including me (if the damn thing ever ships)...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
As dj dunzie pointed out, Zero Gravity does make a double bubble windscreen for the 1995 to 1997 bikes. I have one on my bike and while it took a bit to ship, I am happy with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
powder coat all the way, way better than paint on maintenance and price, as far as the screen goes I learned a neat thing from some boys down at my shop.... since you don't look through it anyways just take black spray paint (flat or gloss it doesnt make a difference) and spray the INSIDE, the clear plastic will act as a gloss from the outside and it looks trick for about a buck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Another trick for the screen (when you find one) is to spray paint the inside with a transparent color. It looks glossy still like freak says and you can still see through it (if you need to). They make transparent paints in a lot of colors and you can match it pretty well to your bike.

If it ain't broke don't touch it.......yeah right!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.