Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a short day of riding i parked my bike in my shed and called it a day. A couple days later i came back, put the bike in neutral and tried to back out, but the bike wouldn't move. i then kicked it into first thinking i may have to roll forward a little before neutral would kick in (i'm a newbie) but after a few seconds of "fish tailing" on the cement floor (which was awesome by the way) i got the hint that it wasn't going anywhere. i got off the bike examined the front brake and a saw it was locked. Any suggestions??
i have a 06 zx-6r.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
open the bleeder valve to release the preasure and some fluid. sounds like there's to much fluid in it. take that bitch to the dealer and have it looked at or bleed the system urself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let go of the brakes...(thinking)... thats a SWEET idea!! I'll try that.:D... thanks. BTW, the shed burnout was nice,... i don't think it get any easier than just having to roll the throttle:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like taking it to the dealer is the best thing to do,... hey does this happen often,.. could this happen while im riding??

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
open the bleeder valve and release the preasure. if that unlocks the wheel then you can drive it to the dealer but don't use the front brake.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just started having that problem about a week ago. It's not as serious as yours but it's still quite concerning. I think mine was from washing it, I dried it and took it for a spin but there must've been some water still in the calipers. I got on it the next day it it was stuck, after a little pooosh it moved revealing a rust spot. I never had this problem on any other bikes, but I'm starting to realize that Kawi's aren't like other bikes, they are wild and live by their own rules.

·
Registered
302 Posts
[:Agree]Damn straight. Yeah you got warranty so take it back to the stealer. They will no doubt fix it for free under warranty repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.