Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2006... ride to work sometimes and i park at a nearby garage... yesterday i go to pick it up.. the attendant starts talking me up a lot... asking me how my day was etc...

I get home and notice the bike was dropped... small crack on the rear fender, bent brake pedal, and some other small things...

thing is i didnt notice it because the guy kept me distracted when i was there and i was also tired..

besides breaking his face anything legal i can persue?

·
Registered
879 Posts
doubt it... i'd assume you would have to prove it was him that dropped it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You are SOL then. They will argue that you could of ahve done it after leaving there. Hate to say this one is going to come out of your pocket unless you can get them attendant to admit he is the one that dropped it otherwise it is your word against his.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,402 Posts
Even if they did have cameras, you couldn't just walk in there and ask for a copy. You'd probably have to file a police report and get them to obtain copies of the surveilance.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then they can say that the cameras werent working in that time due to a faulty outlet or something... i should just go break his face and feel better.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,402 Posts
lol, if you think you can pull it off, go ahead...if they REALLY don't have cameras, then all you have to do is find somewhere else to park from then on. Pull a mafioso deal and offer your 'protection' (from yourself, but who needs to know that...hehehe)...for like $400/month...after two months, you should be good on parts costs. =)

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Go back & ask the guy if there's something he'd like to tell you... then watch him as you point out the damage.

Who knows? He may 'fess up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is nyc... the guy works 10 hours a day in a parking garage.. i doubt that theres much of a conscience on him but its worth a shot

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
first, i would see about charging them with vandalism, then if that dosent work.

I WOULD BREAK HIS FUCKIN FACE.

Shit on you for letting him ride your bike.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
What? You actually let him park your bike for you? If so, then its your own fault. You gotta take care of your baby better than that. But that really sucks man, hope you are able to stick it to them somehow.

Just a suggestion, wait till he is off work, walking to his car or whatever, wear a ski mask, creep up on him and take a bat to his knee. Don't hit him in the head, cuz you might kill him. Just give him a limp for the rest of his life as a reminder how it feels to be fucked over. I bet he starts treating people better after that.

I know I sound a little harsh, but I had a roomate that I'm 95% sure knocked over my bike and then lied about it so I have no sympathy for fuckers like that. If I didn't have to live with him for the next 5 months I would have fucked him up that day, but in the end I couldn't prove it. I haven't talked to him since I moved out (we had several other issues too) but I still think about sneaking up on him ninja style one night and giving him a good smack. I know it sounds like I'm being a pussy with the sneakyness, but he is the type of guy that will get his daddy to prosecute so I can't just confront him face to face and give him the beating he deserves. Oh well, karma will get his ass eventually if it already hasn't.

·
Registered
399 Posts
wow you guys are funny. is there any chance it could have been sombody else, some dick head decided to screw with your bike.
yea ,just to add why would you let someone who parks cars all friggin day park yer bike? unless he had a bike of his own then he would have the same respect for bikes we all do.
but if it were me id wanna fight him. you better be certain it was him, then by all means hit the fucker.

·
Registered
443 Posts
haha. damn i was watching that 70s show where kelso wants to fight the cheese guy. what if the parking lot attendent is a black belt karate master or some shit?

well good luck with this man. someone screwing up my bike is a game ender for that person.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.