Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm kinda curious here. I notice a lot of people park their bike right by the front doors of a business (like illegally on the sidewalk). I always wonder how big of a deal this is. I know it's not legal, but I wonder if most business just accept it and don't care. I'd like to do the same, not to show off, but because I'm paranoid someone will steal my little 08 250.

What do you guys think? Is this an accepted practice? Should I get an okay from the owner first? Has anyone gotten grief for it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
As far as I know, its not illegal as long as its private property or not causing a firehazard. Also, if the owned says no, its a nono.

No parking on public sidewalks though.

I think this has been discussed a few times though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I do it sometimes like when the p-lot is absolutely crowded but I make sure the bike isn't blocking anyones path or water spickets or anything. I haven't got any grief for it yet and if I ever do I'll just move it, no big deal.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
It seems as though in Philly, you can park wherever the hell you want, sidewalks included.

--David

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
My bike is parked on the front of library and so far they had no problems, and also I always park it on front of QFC/Safeways. Also even the movie theater joint told me I can park it right by their entrance since movie theater parking lot is notorious for getting cars/bikes stolen.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
I talked my self out of a parking ticket yesterday after my ride for parking my bike right infront of my house on the sidewalk, not seconds after I dismounted to walk in side and take my leathers off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts